Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Hi Guys & Girls

Been meaning to start my project thread for some time, but I've done more and more and taken loads of pictures and it's become a bigger and bigger task to come and get it all uploaded, but here we go :) I'll include as much detail as possible including price to help anyone interested in anything I've done. I re-size all pictures so that they open to a nice size when clicked :)

I picked my 2006 Panther Black ST up in April 2010. It's the 10th Ford I've owned. I've only ever owned Fords. I was determined not to spend a fortune on this car, I've spent too much on cars in the past and it gets out of hand :lol:

This ST is the most fully loaded Ford I've ever seen, it appears to have every option that was offered for it's year of manufacture :yep:
I can't believe this spec wasn't offered on the ST500.

• The Options:
  • Sunroof
  • E.A.T.C - Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
  • ESP - Electronic Stability Control
  • Tech Pack - Auto Wipers, Auto Lights, Power Folding Mirrors & 2nd Remote Key)
  • Reflex Pack - Side Curtain Airbags & Rear Centre Headrest
  • Interior Styling Pack - Silver Vent Bezels & Velour Mats
  • 6 disc CD Changer, Bluetooth & Voice Control & MP3 Connection
  • Privacy Glass
  • Full Heated Leather
  • The Modifications:
  • Full Mongoose Exhaust System with 3.5'' Rolled Out Tail, Sport Cat & 4-2-1 Manifold
  • Mountune CAIS with red Samco Induction hoses & cover painted gloss black
  • Piper Cams
  • 60mm Throttle Body
  • Dream Science Unit
  • Magnecor KV85 leads
  • Red Samco coolant hose kit
  • Red Samco ancillary hose kit
  • Gloss Black Rocker Cover
  • Duratec ST engine badge(ready to re-fit)
  • Mondeo 300mm brake conversion, Calipers, Brembo pads and Mintex discs
  • Hel Braided lines (To be fitted)
  • 13 row PAS fluid cooler (To be fitted)
  • Eibach lowering springs
  • OMP Strut brace
  • 32mm Strut Top blanking grommets
  • Front and rear calipers painted black
  • Armster Armrest
  • Leather gearstick gaiter
  • Small red ST badges (1 on grille, 1 between vents)
  • Smooth rear wiper
  • Ford Aero wipers
  • Body colour bootlock cover
  • De-Tangoed & Silvertech bulbs
  • Philips Extreme headlamp bulbs
  • Climair dark smoked wind deflectors
  • All Plastics painted Focus RS Gloss Black
  • Focus RS splitter
  • Private numberplate
  • Richbrook ST tax disc holder

Here's the car when I picked it up

Fiesta ST when new.jpg

I was hoping to pick up an ST that was already lowered as the standard height is way too high. I booked the car in for a full service and thought I'd get the ride height sorted at the same time. The car was booked in for a full service at Winsford Tyre & Exhaust Centre. It didn't leave me much time to get some Eibachs sorted, so a trip to Hot Hatch Corner/ Longton Motor Accessories was in order. They relieved me of £165 for the Eibachs but I didn't have time to complain.

Just before the car went for it's full service I had a couple of days of it coughing and spluttering, I really thought I'd bought a dog :nope:
Took it along for the service and they changed all the filters, the oil, brake pads, spark plugs and lowered it for me and found my problem - The engine had been jet washed and the plugs had been flooded underneath the standard airbox and the leads had taken in water, they assured me that new plugs and leads would rectify the problems. I contacted Demon Tweeks for some Magnecor KV85 leads which they posted and arrived really quickly (£72) the garage banged them on for me and all was well, and the service, lowering and parts supplied by the garage only came to £277 which I was happy about as they put a lot of work into renewing a lot of stuff :thumbsup:

With the car running well and lowered, I set up my first SToc meet and met Rach and Rich who joined me and my Focus ST buddies :thumbsup:

Keele meet STs.jpg

So at this point I was running a very reliable ST that was fantastic and looking a lot better for being lowered :)
My friend ST3 Mandy got working on me to do a full detail and clay on the car. So, convinced, a trip to Halfords was made and £80 spent on Meguiars cleaning products (Ouch, but at least it was on 2 for 1 - should've been £160!!) A two day detail was in motion and after reading certain threads on the site I added de-tangoing to the schedule with Silvertech bulbs.

Fiesta ST De-Tango 28th Jan.jpg

Now it looked so crisp and tidy, I was really chuffed and the pain of the money I'd spent and effort put in seemed worth it! :)

Fiesta ST after detail front quarter 28th Jan.jpg Fiesta ST after detail other quarter 28th Jan.jpg

Fiesta ST after detail Rear 28th Jan.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Driving around in the ST was really nice but there was something missing... it offered up no sound when booted, it was so quiet it just wouldn't do

After speaking with people on this site and always remembering my previous experiences, I decided to bang a Mongoose exhaust on, and because I don't like false economy or illegal cars, I decided to go for full system with a 3.5'' rolled out tail, 4-2-1 manifold and sport cat. Lee kindly pointed me in the direction of DCPerformance for the best deal. A call to DC was made and the whole thing was ordered and delivered within a couple of days for £856
The only issue was that a modification was in motion for the sport cats and so I had to wait a few weeks while new ones were made. They sent me a reducer so that I could fit the rest of it using the original cat for the time being but I decided to hold on for the sport cat and do it all in one hit.
Sadly some of the Mongoose full systems are listed wrongly on DC's site and I received a 4-1 manifold. I spoke to Dan at DC who credited my account with £10 and asked if I minded going to Collins (not far from me) to swap it for a 4-2-1 manifold. I took a trip there and swapped it, there was no rush though as I was still waiting for the sport cat to be made.

By this time it was Ford Fair and I had heard that Mountune would be offering their CAIS for £175, so I asked them to take some red Samco's (to match my red/black theme that was going on) as I would pick up one of their kits on the day

Mountune CAIS 28th Jan.jpg

At Ford Fair I also met Gary from Wolf/Profile Automotive and arranged to pop there for my exhaust to be fitted, price would be £110.

I then had two weeks off work and fitted the CAIS on my first day off
The results were fantastic and the noise was really cool!! The car was flying

During my time off my sport cat arrived
so the parts were loaded in to the car and I set off for Wolf

Mongoose 28th January.jpg

Dave did a superb job of fitting the exhaust and when it was started up I was pleased to hear it wasn't really loud, it was very quiet
Gary took the car for a quick spin and didn't look very impressed (He mostly deals with Focus ST's)
On driving it home I discovered the reason for Gary's expression...... The car was gutless

I really thought I'd made a very expensive mistake
My friend was asking me to take him for a spin the following weekend to see the difference and I was dreading it, but during the following few days the car got better and better and by the weekend it was really quick
He was impressed....and very scared

So with some more time off remaining and me keen to go for a drive, I made a journey to Demon Tweeks to see what I could get
An OMP strut brace (in keeping with the colour theme), some Osram Nightbreakers and LED sidelights were purchased

By this time my Climair wind deflectors had arrived at Ford, so I buzzed round there to pick them up

A day of fitting the latest pile of goodies was in order

Wind deflectors 28th Jan.jpg

It is so much better driving the car on warm, wet days with the window open slightly and not being soaked

After seeing so many cars on here with their plastics painted and thinking how much better they looked, I wanted to do mine. I didn't see any other Panther ST's with Gloss plastics so decided to just go for it. After chatting to some pro painters, one agreed to help me out and spray my plastics up in Focus RS Gloss Black for £200.
A few days later I went to pick up the bits..........WOW!!!!
I was so pleased with the look of them, it was amazing

Gloss black plastics 28th Jan.jpg

Next day I was so keen to get the car cleaned and re-assembled
Took the opportunity to clean all the exposed parts.

Front without plastics 28th Jan.jpg Rear without plastics 28th Jan.jpg

Once cleaned it was time to put it all back together

Front quarter with all plastics fitted 28th Jan.jpg Rear with plastics fitted 28th Jan.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now I was really chuffed with the car, it went well, sounded well and looked amazing

My group buy for the Armster Armrests was finished soon after (£68 delivered) and I received mine and some other parts I'd ordered were stacking up including a leather gearstick gaiter, a 60mm Throttle Body (£111 From Ford), a small ST badge for grille, one for between the vents inside, a smooth rear wiper and some number plate LEDs. So another day was set aside for fitting it all

Armrest 28th Jan.jpg Throttle Bodies 28th Jan.jpg

Fiesta ST Interior Driver 28th Jan.jpg Fiesta ST Interior Passenger 28th Jan.jpg

I love the armrest, it's fantastic
The other mods all go towards making a much nicer package and really finish the car off, although it's not finished, I can't stop

I picked up a Duratec ST badge to fit in with my under bonnet theme and fitted it

Duratec ST badge 28th January.jpg Engine bay 28th January.jpg

I'm loving my ST

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a Focus RS splitter sitting here to be fitted. I've bought a private number plate, just waiting for documents. I have a metal ST tax disc holder ordered and also a boot lock cover. I have bought Gaz's red Samco hose kits, just waiting for them to be delivered (Cheers Gaz) My deposit is down for a Cosworth Inlet (£525 group buy) and I'm hoping to get that sprayed in keeping with the under bonnet theme and then go for cams and re-map. If I get 200 BHP I will be very pleased

Splitter 28th January.jpg

Big Big Thanks to everyone who has helped me with advice and tips, you're all a great bunch on here and I hope you've enjoyed my journey as much as I have

When I have more to report on the situation.......I'll Be Back!

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
About time Steve, been waiting for this project lol. Looks superb and if I ever need any help with an induction kit when its purchased I know where to come

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About time Steve, been waiting for this project lol. Looks superb and if I ever need any help with an induction kit when its purchased I know where to come
Thanks Chris. by all means I'll help you out mate

Thanks for the kind words guys

·
Registered
16 Posts
Car looks amazing, 100% convinced me to lower mine too :D Did you get the -35mm eibachs and do you have a link for the small ST badge on the grill
?

Michael

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Good read Steve and great work on the ST so far... The Samcos will look decent once installed as there like new!

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
looks good steve so jelous you have a sun roof! not a fan of the back box tbh bit big!! but if you like it
Thanks Readie
I know what you mean about the exhaust, it is massive. I had a 4'' outwardly rolled on my Turbo and that looked perfect so I thought half inch smaller would look cool on the ST but the bumper design makes it look huge, I'm thinking about doing the finned rear diffuser to take the edge off it a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good read Steve and great work on the ST so far... The Samcos will look decent once installed as there like new!
Thanks Gaz, haven't received them yet, maybe Monday, cheers for the deal mate

Received my Panther Black bootlock cover today, will bob it on tomorrow

Also got my private plate document through today, gotta send off the details and then I can display them on the car

1 - 20 of 244 Posts