Fiesta ST Forums banner

Stiff gear shift 1 - 2 after new diff/oil

458 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  alex98uk 
#1 ·
I had my new Wavetrac fitted and as part of it, they put in new 75/90 transmission oil. I've noticed, from cold, gearshifts between 1 - 2 are really stiff. It's fine once some heat is in it, but it wasn't like this pre-diff/oil change.

I haven't had work done my my transmission before, so I was wondering if anyone experienced the same or knew if it were normal?

#4 ·
Does the wavetrac call for a special spec? If not Id be tempted to drain and fill with 1.75l of Castrol syntrans 75 FE
No nothing special. It states:

use the gear oil spec that your car manufacturer recommends for your car. The Wavetrac® is compatible with virtually all factory-installed gear oils used today.

Just says nothing with friction modifiers. I wrote to the place that did the installation to see what they used, but yeah... otherwise i'll probably just refill 1.7L with Castrol 75 FE.

My fear is that stiffness is occurring when the synchros are not being properly lubricated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.