Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Had this come up on the Ford Pass Pro App this morning, correspondingly the little yellow engine warning light appeared on the dashboard.

Short of taking it to a main dealer (still under warranty) does anyone know a way to clear the fault?

The car was last used over a week before and in very wet conditions. It faulted this morning on my return to the car following a short crawl in traffic to the supermarket. The trip was enough to get up to temperature but not enough to 'blow the cobwebs' out of the system after a week sat idle.

I would buy one of those OBD diagnostic thingies but the app tells me exactly what the problem is so what's the point... unless I can then clear my own faults maybe?

Having had these sort of O虏 faults before on older cars they sometimes go away when you next use the car or after good blast... however I've tried both already and its a permanent fixture on the dashboard.

I'd kinda like to clear it and then see if it comes back (ie there is actually a fault and it's not just a case of the specific unusual conditions of damp sitting in the exhaust for a prolonged period).

Any way round having to take it to a garage?... you just know something like this won't be warranty covered 馃え

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
...I'm so sorry Mods, I meant to put this in the 'faults' subsection and have biffed it up.

Apologies for the need for you to move it 馃檹

EDIT: Thanks mods, first time I've started a thread, certainly on this platform, didn't go well 馃様

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
110 views. Thanks for looking but in the absence of any suggestions I had to bite the bullet and head to Ford.

They diagnosed a faulty pressure sensor which they didn't have in stock so is now on order.

They offered me a courtesy car.... 2-3 working days parked in my garage or on your public access forecourt with no Disklok and the OBD port blocker taken off so you can do the job? Tricky decision 馃槅

Some good news mind. The sensor is a warranty part, so no charge... you could've knocked me down with a feather 馃槸

1 - 4 of 4 Posts