Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what boost the stock MK8 ST is running? And how much do the most remaps change it to? Asking because Torque Pro shows 1.6bar peaks but some have said that even stock ones go over that. Id like to have my Sync show correct boost pressures.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
18 Posts
Does anybody know what boost the stock MK8 ST is running? And how much do the most remaps change it to? Asking because Torque Pro shows 1.6bar peaks but some have said that even stock ones go over that. Id like to have my Sync show correct boost pressures.
Came across this article giving dyno graphs for various measurements

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Came across this article giving dyno graphs for various measurements

So the boost that Torque pro is reading is JUUST a bit wrong :D.

EDIT: But I have to say, 1.5bars was all within what I was thinking... Id really like some other source. 2.5bars seems really high for hp/liter we have.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
18 Posts
So the boost that Torque pro is reading is JUUST a bit wrong :D.

EDIT: But I have to say, 1.5bars was all within what I was thinking... Id really like some other source. 2.5bars seems really high for hp/liter we have.
Yeah, after I posted it I thought it looked a bit high through some of the Rev range, ill have a poke around to see if I can find anything more.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
18 Posts
Been having a look around for figures on stock boost pressures, haven’t really found much, mostly other forum posts looking at boost pressures for the MK7. Perhaps maybe call the company and see if they have figures for the stock boost. If anyone else has any idea, they might be the ones to let you know.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been having a look around for figures on stock boost pressures, haven’t really found much, mostly other forum posts looking at boost pressures for the MK7. Perhaps maybe call the company and see if they have figures for the stock boost. If anyone else has any idea, they might be the ones to let you know.
I already contacted the shop that tuned my friends Fiesta TDCi and Im now waiting for him to get around to maybe have a bit more knowledge. But I still have to say, I dont really believe those 2bar+ figures. Yes its a 3cylinder 1.5 but no... Having 2.5bars is A LOT of boost especially when the stock map cuts the power a lot so why bother with that high boost when a less boost would have been fine.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
18 Posts
I already contacted the shop that tuned my friends Fiesta TDCi and Im now waiting for him to get around to maybe have a bit more knowledge. But I still have to say, I dont really believe those 2bar+ figures. Yes its a 3cylinder 1.5 but no... Having 2.5bars is A LOT of boost especially when the stock map cuts the power a lot so why bother with that high boost when a less boost would have been fine.
Same here, took those with a pinch of salt, even I thought that was a lot of boost applied over the 3 cylinders. Like you said it would have made sense to go with a lower boost pressure (obviously a little higher than stock) to still give it a bit more punch but still provide durability and reliability in the long term. Perhaps those are for people who have money to throw at new engines or rebuilds every so often. 😂

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I just went out for a drive and the digital gauge (Torque Pro) was showing a maximum of 22 PSI with the Dreamscience map, and that is the same as the stock map. I was told once that the standard boost is at least 27 PSI, the Torque Pro can read more than 22 PSI but it is something to do with the OBD readers or the OBD port and they cannot go above a certain amount.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just went out for a drive and the digital gauge (Torque Pro) was showing a maximum of 22 PSI with the Dreamscience map, and that is the same as the stock map. I was told once that the standard boost is at least 27 PSI, the Torque Pro can read more than 22 PSI but it is something to do with the OBD readers or the OBD port and they cannot go above a certain amount.
Thats a more sensible number. Mine has shown 1.6bar on peaks and thats about 23.5psi so my OBD reader seems to be able to do more than 1.5bars but I wouldnt be surprised that a Mountune M235 car is almost stock boost pressures and that most of the extra power is from removing the factory limits that limit the throttle pedal on the higher rev range and allowing the turbo to boost more on the lower rev range. So could be just the OBD limit or just the fact that its running 1.5bar boost pressure. Ill let you know if I hear from the tuner I sent the message to. He should be able to just check the stuff from his computer but then again Im not his customer so he doesnt have to do anything if he doesnt feel like checking it for me.

·
Registered
MK8 Fiesta ST 2018 M235
3,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Celtictuning dealer didn't check but felt that Mountune 235 and 1.5bar and spikes a bit over sounds quite realistic and believable. But we have to take this with a grain of salt as he didn't check his data but gave an educated guesstimate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts