Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another consideration, selling to someone on eBay, you then have their address to re-steal what you just sold them 馃槼

Premium Member
Excuse my ignorance but how exactly do we know these parts are stolen?

What differentiates a criminal chop shop from a legitimate breakers yard selling, for example, the front parts from an insurance write off with rear end damage?

I'm all for stopping crime and locking up wrong'uns but I fear for some 'armchair detectives' 2+2=5

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Excuse my ignorance but how exactly do we know these parts are stolen?

What differentiates a criminal chop shop from a legitimate breakers yard selling, for example, the front parts from an insurance write off with rear end damage?

I'm all for stopping crime and locking up wrong'uns but I fear for some 'armchair detectives' 2+2=5
I was going to caveat my post with this, tbh I should have but yes it's an important point.

That said, there are clearly some suspect ones...look through the thread.

It clearly goes on and I'm not slating Amy specific seller or "business", but something to think about?

Admins feel free to remove if the wider feeling is this is pointless, but it is a forum .....

Premium Member
Woah, it's not pointless. My reply was just adding the very context you had considered adding yourself.

Of course the way to stop the trade dead in its tracks is not to buy anything but main dealer parts, take away the market and you stop the thefts. The trouble is we all like a bargain and some of the biggest 'thieves' are those very main dealers themselves with the criminal mark-ups they add on.

Everyone just needs to ask themselves more questions when you see prices that are too good to be true... well either that or accept that if you are buying basement prices from probable low life don't complain or be surprised if low life shows interest in your car and nicks bits from it. It's a chicken and egg thing 😉

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woah, it's not pointless. My reply was just adding the very context you had considered adding yourself.

Of course the way to stop the trade dead in its tracks is not to buy anything but main dealer parts, take away the market and you stop the thefts. The trouble is we all like a bargain and some of the biggest 'thieves' are those very main dealers themselves with the criminal mark-ups they add on.

Everyone just needs to ask themselves more questions when you see prices that are too good to be true... well either that or accept that if you are buying basement prices from probable low life don't complain or be surprised if low life shows interest in your car and nicks bits from it. It's a chicken and egg thing 😉
👍👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts