Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I took my OTT stripes off yesterday and everything was going to plan until i came to the glue. Ive been scrubbing away for hours and i honestly cant shift the stuff
. Ive been using autoglym tar remover but wondered if there was anything more suitable? If anybody could help i'll love you forever ..

Cheers

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had this issue with the old clio mate was a night mare, sorry.

I used a hair dryer to remove the stripe and then I used a combo of an old credit card to scrap the glue while using the dryer to heat the glue.

I also use a cloth not a sponge with a form cleaner which i let to help remove the glue.

Fairy liquid is good too but can cause damage to the paint in small cases.

The most important thing is elbow grease and determination

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
For someone who has removed umteen stripes etc - heat glue with hair dryer , use bug n tar remover on a heavy duty micro fibre lots of elbow grease was with shampoo clay wash n polish n wax
job done

·
Registered
358 Posts
i used bug and tar remover and used the green bit off this (didnt scratch my paint or nothing!!) i still use it when i get paint over spray and comes off like a sticker! little bit of elbow grease but not as much.. some people may disagree with how i did it but it worked perfectly for me!

·
Registered
167 Posts
i used bug and tar remover and used the green bit off this (didnt scratch my paint or nothing!!) i still use it when i get paint over spray and comes off like a sticker! little bit of elbow grease but not as much.. some people may disagree with how i did it but it worked perfectly for me!

wow how you manage not to destroy your paint? thats impressive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts