Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just dropped my ST at the local garage to have new springs fitted. I was told one of the top nuts/thread of my front strut was rusted and might not come off... a common problem apparently?

They're leaving it to soak in oil for a couple of hours, and will give it a try - has anyone else had this problem? I really hope it can be undone as I don't want to have to replace a pair of front shocks that are in pretty much perfect condition!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Yeah common problem mate, they should be able to get it off with an air gun. I had to drill mine out but didnt need the struts as was fitting coilovers and only needed the top mounts.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah common problem mate, they should be able to get it off with an air gun. I had to drill mine out but didnt need the struts as was fitting coilovers and only needed the top mounts.
Thanks, if it's a common problem then fair enough. With any luck they'll get it sorted today - I'm bored of looking at the springs in a box!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
good to here
they always do that on all the mk6 fiestas, i think its because the drains get blocked around the windowscreen so thats where the water gathers. squirt a little grease or engine oil in the hole to keep the water out once u get the car back

mark.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good to here
they always do that on all the mk6 fiestas, i think its because the drains get blocked around the windowscreen so thats where the water gathers. squirt a little grease or engine oil in the hole to keep the water out once u get the car back

mark.
That's a good idea, thanks, i'll do that now.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
There's a member on here - Jam0r who sell's grommet's that fit In the hoe at the top of the Strut to stop water getting In.

There only £2-2.50 PM him and get some bought If your Intrested
Save's you a world of hassle.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a member on here - Jam0r who sell's grommet's that fit In the hoe at the top of the Strut to stop water getting In.

There only £2-2.50 PM him and get some bought If your Intrested
Save's you a world of hassle.
Thanks i'll look into that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts