Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok as the title says, what would be the most you were willing to pay for a 13 frozen white ST 60k miles really good body/paintwork GG DIAZ induction kit lowered blow off valve all done at GG. Good history receipts?

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Its a garage but yeah have looked at autotrader etc and thought I was missing something
As you probably saw, the ones advertised at £8,295 are lower mileage examples. Yes, the one you have seen has various mods on, but shouldn't really mean it's worth more when it comes to selling it IMO Plus the mods may impact what insurance premium you have to pay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As you probably saw, the ones advertised at £8,295 are lower mileage examples. Yes, the one you have seen has various mods on, but shouldnt really mean its worth more when it comes to selling it IMO Plus the mods may impact what insurance premium you have to pay
Thanks mate glad its not me loosing the plot 😂😂

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Youre welcome

is there any room for negotiation? The used car market is a bit of a lottery at the moment due to the shortage on new cars coming out the factories
Same old story mate they will move 95 quid, its a shame really if it was closer to 7k Id snap it up its in really good shape for the year and all the work on it is top notch

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have a 2013 ST2 in white with 27K on it, one owner, full history. WBAC valued at £6300 yesterday (on line)

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
So? If anything that means they know what people are willing to pay for cars.
Not really, WBAC are trying to offer as little as possible to make more profit. Usually taking advantage of people who don't know any better or desperate to sell.

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
Not really, WBAC are trying to offer as little as possible to make more profit. Usually taking advantage of people who don't know any better or desperate to sell.
Terrible attitude for a company to take.

They know what prices cars fetch at auction, they can make their valuation based on that, they're not going to offer the retail price when they know the auction price, where they are going to sell the car, is lower.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Terrible attitude for a company to take.

They know what prices cars fetch at auction, they can make their valuation based on that, they're not going to offer the retail price when they know the auction price, where they are going to sell the car, is lower.
I know quite a few people who have tried to sell their vehicles through them, been given the online price which is already often lower than you'd get for trade in, only to be given an even lower price based on a none existent claimed scratch etc. Most people would walk away at that point unless they are desperate or overly trusting.

I'd say it's an easy service to use, but I certainly wouldn't be giving them anymore praise than that.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Ive used WBAC for my last ST. Its a long story but the car was an N category car. I wanted a new car from Ford and they wouldnt take it and i had a load of time wasters plus people offering me low ball value for it as it was an N cat. The car was very good and was a stolen recovered so no structural , in the end my only option was We buy any car so i could use the money towards my new car, in the end i took £5200 for a 2014 ST 2 with 26'000 miles 2.5 years ago. Now heres teh interesting bit, they quoted £5600 online taking into account that i let them know it was a Cat N, a clean car would have been much more.

When i got there a paint thickness gauge came out, a tyre depth gauge and a few other gadgets > first i was told they had to discount it as the Tyres were low, i corrected them as new rainsports were fitted 200 miles before and i showed them the reciept. Then came 'ooo you have a stone chip!! , the wipers blades look old, the leather bolster looks a bit matt on the drivers side etc etc. Basically knocking me down for no good reason to £5000 , i managed to get that back up to £5200.

In my case my choices were limited due to the fact i was time limited and was struggling but for anyone wanting to sell a car with a clean history be prepared for them to barter on the day and pull your pants down so go trade in or private if you can. Ooo they also charged me extra for putting the payment through my bank as a 'fast' payment and took it off the price of the car. Money still didnt clear for 5 days depsite me paying for '24hour fast payment upgrade '

They are set up to make money. They will take liberties so be prepared and dont take your pride and joy to them.

·
Premium Member
ST200, More power incoming :D
1,147 Posts
Had my 66 plate ST200 with 15k on it valued at 12,500 at a Ford garage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts