Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Ive been looking through the forum to catch what has happened earlier this year, i came across karting events in one of the forums.

Are there any karting events happening this year for STOC ?

Would be a good event for this summer as it will be a very hot summer this year for a mass get together with possible more regions?

WestyST

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
well, we had a massive "list" of people wanting to go karting, but once Clare organised it only 4 showed up. was a good day, i won/was fastest so i was happy. lol. Might have been last year saying that... the months are flying by and i cant remember when it was! That was at Brentwood, next to Izumi's So we could have chinese afterwards too lol.

Other options are Lakeside which is a great track, or Buckmoore park, which ive never been too but is supposed to be great.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, we had a massive "list" of people wanting to go karting, but once Clare organised it only 4 showed up. was a good day, i won/was fastest so i was happy. lol. Might have been last year saying that... the months are flying by and i cant remember when it was! That was at Brentwood, next to Izumi's So we could have chinese afterwards too lol.

Other options are Lakeside which is a great track, or Buckmoore park, which ive never been too but is supposed to be great.
Buckmoore is an international karting track and its huge!

Havent been karting since i was like 10

But it would be good to get a few regions together for a little tourney day

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive placed this in the Club National section under Karting Events where it was supposed to be

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll come to this if im free, and actually turn up if i said ill come lol

Rayleigh Go-Karting is good been there before a few times:)

Places to eat nearby are abit short though :(

Lloydy

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Last year someone started a thread just like this and lots and lots of people were interested and really wanted to do it. Many different venues were suggested, and I arranged a session at Brentwood where we could do an endurance race which wasn't too expensive.

As soon as I had something official and wanted people's confirmation everyone pulled out. It ended up on the day with just 4 of us there. We had a great time, but was a shame we were there as an arrive and drive with other members of the public, rather than being able to do the endurance race that people wanted.

If there is plenty of interest i'm sure we can organise something, but after the lack of people at the last meet, I don't want to get into the same situation as last year.
I'm sure you can understand that.

Will let this run for a while to see what interest there is, and take it from there.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very understandable Clare,

Do you know how much it cost for the endurance race?

Maybe this can be made in a new thread with more in depth detail with prices(Whats included), location and see what month it could take place on to fit around members free time, but the thread is only to see what interest we get before we decide anything?

Westy

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Thanks Westy.

At Brentwood, Individual Endurance - which includes timed qualifying, then a 30 minute race is currently £48 per driver. There are two other types of Enduro which are then £58 and £68.

I think there was a minimum of 12 people and maximum of 17. Obviously if people wanted to do a team event there could be more drivers, but the individual was more in favour last time.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Westy.

At Brentwood, Individual Endurance - which includes timed qualifying, then a 30 minute race is currently £48 per driver. There are two other types of Enduro which are then £58 and £68.

I think there was a minimum of 12 people and maximum of 17. Obviously if people wanted to do a team event there could be more drivers, but the individual was more in favour last time.
Should i re post and place a month and the prices and see what numbers we get for those that are interested?

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Should i re post and place a month and the prices and see what numbers we get for those that are interested?
Entirely up to you. If people are interested, they will post in this thread anyway. Might be best just to add and update/edit to the end of your original post and amend the topic title rather than opening a new thread.

Clare

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This has now been remade into a who fancies going topic

As i heard that last years karting had quite a bit of interest but only 4 people turned up to this.

So this post is only too see if what number of interest we can get to see who would like to come.

As stated by Clare:

A date will be selected if we get much interest and if people can make it around the same time.

So please state in the post if you are interested in coming to this so i can put your name down or if you would like to spectate im sure that isnt a problem.

WestyST

·
Registered
568 Posts
I started it last year and looked like a great outcome then it flopped. Tbh I wouldn't go Brentwood ever again unless it's free lol. Lakesides ok but the karts are rubbish and the track isn't big enough. Ild suggest rye house farm speedway it's alot better than lakeside.
I'm going buckmore park for the first time on the 1st of July ( the best one by far Iv been told)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I started it last year and looked like a great outcome then it flopped. Tbh I wouldn't go Brentwood ever again unless it's free lol. Lakesides ok but the karts are rubbish and the track isn't big enough. Ild suggest rye house farm speedway it's alot better than lakeside.
I'm going buckmore park for the first time on the 1st of July ( the best one by far Iv been told)
Yes Buckmore Park is by far, it is well maintained and the karts are brilliant, its used for the international karting championships

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
id be well interested in this

buckmore park is considered to be the Silverstone of the karting world

1 - 20 of 29 Posts