Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the following issue when playing mp3 files on Sync3?

I have my entire music connection on a USB stick (128gb) and I've found that Sync3 randomly skips over tracks (ie if you have a 10 track album, it will only play 7 or 8). It recognises all the tracks on the stick and they have ripped as mp3 on high quality.

I've had the car just over a year now and this happens pre & post Sync 3 update.

The USB stick plays fine in other cars/ computers so ripping the CDs/downloads doesn't seem to be the problem. My only other thought would be the head unit which might need replacing (it's performance in connecting with other devices, Walkmans and such is very hit and miss).

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I have also experienced issues when playing music files from a USB stick with Sync 3. I've had random mini-skips within a track and an annoying issue with voice control - it will display a list of options and will then just ignore the selection choose.

I've tried reformatting the USB stick and tried different sizes/types of (SanDisk) USB sticks but the problems persist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an update, my brother advised converting the mp3 files to flac to see if it cured the issue of skipping over tracks and the mini-skips within tracks.

Did it using "ez cd audio converter" and so far Sync3 had played every track on the albums I've listened to with no mini skips within the track.

Small trade off is flac takes up more space on your USB stick but no biggie if you want your music playing correctly.

Hope this is of help to everyone whose had the same issue.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I get this too, I get it whether I use a usb stick, plug my phone into the car directly, or use the Bluetooth function (I phone btw), deffo get the random skipping in tracks! Don’t know if could convert my music to flac files or not being as a lot of it is probably AAC files now!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts