Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’m having this ongoing issue where my Fiesta ST3 Mk7 makes this fast tapping noise while driving, I thought it was related to the heating/vents until it started doing it even when the engine / heating is off…. It almost sounds like it’s coming from behind the speedometer? Any ideas?

The sound comes on stronger after about 2 minutes but whilst the engine is turned off…it then goes away until I restart the car, it then returns on start up, sounding for about 10 seconds before it goes silent for a while and then intermittently sounds while driving…

video here: Video

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
202 Posts
I think The noise is coming from the automatic climate control mechanism. There are some plastic gears and other mechanism, it's active when the automatic temperature system try to get the right temperature and air distribution, and also some time after ignition off, to try calibrate the climate control system. Have a look under the dash, at the climate control housing.

Product Font Line Parallel Slope

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think The noise is coming from the automatic climate control mechanism. There are some plastic gears and other mechanism, it's active when the automatic temperature system try to get the right temperature and air distribution, and also some time after ignition off, to try calibrate the climate control system. Have a look under the dash, at the climate control housing.

View attachment 591033
Thank you Jorg - that sounds like a definite possibility. I will look into it and see if this is the problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts