Fiesta ST Forums banner
301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Having read the comments I must be the only one that was a slight bit bored by episode 11..

Hammonds review of the Fiat was poor and the Maserati film was just boring. Would have been a bit better if they had got 3200's, turned the ****ing about down a notch and introduced a few racing based challenges, James May excluded of course.

Again they could do with dropping that brain crash ******** as that just takes up time and actually talk about something meaningful on conversation Street instead of the nonsense about chicken scrotums and leather..

I would like to add that I am a massive Top Gear fan and I usually find JC hilarious so I'm not a naysayer I'm just disappointed.

·
Super Moderator
24,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
Let's not forget it was all filmed before going out...so nothing will changed this series. I agree, the Brain Crash bit is cringeworthy and sometimes the chat on 'Conversation Street' is a little bit strange. However, I haven't got bored or disappointed with it.

Definitely sticking with it. I still don't get why people expect it to be a full on car review show, they haven't done that sort of things for years. The occasional new car will appear and a rivals test now and again, but on the whole it is just an entertainment show based around cars.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Let's not forget it was all filmed before going out...so nothing will changed this series. I agree, the Brain Crash bit is cringeworthy and sometimes the chat on 'Conversation Street' is a little bit strange. However, I haven't got bored or disappointed with it.

Definitely sticking with it. I still don't get why people expect it to be a full on car review show, they haven't done that sort of things for years. The occasional new car will appear and a rivals test now and again, but on the whole it is just an entertainment show based around cars.
No one is expecting it to be a fifth gear style review show but many including myself are expecting the show to be motoring based entertainment. Rubber ****s on steering wheels and launching cars into the sea is a little too cheesy comedy and quite far away from the final 5 series of Top Gear which is what made them successful.

Hopefully the next series will be the 10/10 motoring entertainment show that everyone was expecting. Being a first series of a new show there was always going to be parts people liked and disliked.

I am aware that they once fired a Jag into the sea from an aircraft carrier.

·
Registered
931 Posts
And the one in Ireland in the Twingo, I think it has a very Top gear-esque theme about it, with a little more freedom. Some parts may tract away from what the show is about slightly. But overall very enjoyable. Agree about brain crash, seems a lot of effort to get the celebrities and act them out but then kill them :lol: still funny though a bit repetitive now.

·
'Kezza Essex Reeeeem'
903 Posts
The brain crash bit is a dig at the BBC, because they're not allowed to do star in a reasonably priced car.
I think two things about it! I think that it's a dig at the BBC or amazon wanted them to have a celebrity bit but the trio didn't actually want one... so they killed them off quickly and then Jeremy says "well moving on then" and they can get to a new topic instead of having that. I could be thinking too far out though because I imagine if the producer really wanted it, he would have it.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Must admit I really enjoyed the final episode of the series. Bit like their old stuff again, decent car content and some amusing bits along the way.

First brain crash that was actually a funny outcome since the first episode.

Overall i've enjoyed the series, few weak episodes and the 'special' was a bit boring but overall I think they're just doing their thing and it's a generally entertaining show.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Must admit I really enjoyed the final episode of the series. Bit like their old stuff again, decent car content and some amusing bits along the way.

First brain crash that was actually a funny outcome since the first episode.

Overall i've enjoyed the series, few weak episodes and the 'special' was a bit boring but overall I think they're just doing their thing and it's a generally entertaining show.
I'd agree with that.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
They'll be reading the reviews and obviously make some adaptions for next time around. You have to remember the celebrity brain crash will have been funny for all those who went to see it filmed live, yes a little tedious for us AP viewers but oh well.

I hope they do get some petrol heads on; bit like Car Throttle and talk about other peoples cars?

Whatever the outcome for S2 i'll be watching.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,130 Posts
Oh man. All the memories... Living with all the different Mondeos that my dad had as a company car. 3week roadtrip in a 1.6 MK2 wagon around the Europe without aircon with 4people and a dog, learning to drive in one, all the boring trips to our summer house in back of one, all the school runs in those, locking the keys inside the car when we were at the summer house on time, crashing my first crash in one. I mean driving them, learning from them, playing with them, having my first own Ford, all such great memories... What a great tribute.

301 - 320 of 329 Posts