Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now I have been thinking about changing the ST to something that does more MPG but is still FUN! I love absolutely love the ST but I don't want to be raking up the miles on her with my new job.

Any suggestions on what you guys would go for?! Aiming for something around 170BHP mark and diesel for around 10k

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Seat Leon FR 170, Diesel, 170bhp, Got a really smart kit on them. Interior isn't fantastic though IMO

·
Registered
554 Posts
BMW 120D.

Rear wheel drive, very comfortable, decent spec (if you get an SE or an M sport). Faster than an ST easily and a lot of fun. They usually have stop start as well, 08- onwards.

Depends on the budget, but I'd be saving up for a bit longer to get one of those.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
http://www.pistonhea...les/2731081.htm

This is nice, its slightly older than the Golf GTD170, but the interior is much nicer and the engine is sublime. Plus its rear wheel drive, thats never a bad thing.
Not technically true, they aint great in the snow

When I had mine, people were just going around me as I couldnt set off on a slight incline lol but we do get bad snow where I live

·
Registered
554 Posts
He said he wants a diesel car that's fun, I can't think of anything better than a rear wheel drive one.

But that is true though, they are rubbish in the snow.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
My first choice would DEFFO be a Golf MK5 GT 170 FANTASTIC car's IMO.

I work on them all day and love them.Reliable (On the whole) Quick out the box but can be savage with a Remap Etc and nice to drive.

I would also look at a Seat Ibiza FR or Skoda Fabia (Special Edition) Not quite 170BHP standard but with a Remap would be more

1 - 10 of 10 Posts