Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The 18" alloys on my MK8 Silverfox ST have a fair few scuffs now so I'm eyeing up the ones from the MK8.5.

They're currently on-sale from Ford, but sadly there's only one in stock at the minute :)

I think they should look good, but has anyone else done it yet, and maybe even have any pics?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other than the front end and the lights on the back, the car is exactly the same, so will look no different than how a Mk8.5 with them looks.

Personal preference would be for some decent aftermarket alloys though, as I don't think any of the standard Mk8/8.5 offerings look any good.
I'd love to see them specifically with the Silverfox colour. In my imagination it looks ok, I just need it confirmed :D.

Subjective, obviously but I really like the stock ones - even my current ones without the scuffs. The mk8.5 would just be a bit of a change for me, rather than buying the same ones again.

If I'm lucky they'll not come back in stock anyway and I'll save £800

·
Registered
2023 8.5 Mean Green hopefully
54 Posts
I'd love to see them specifically with the Silverfox colour. In my imagination it looks ok, I just need it confirmed :D.

Subjective, obviously but I really like the stock ones - even my current ones without the scuffs. The mk8.5 would just be a bit of a change for me, rather than buying the same ones again.

If I'm lucky they'll not come back in stock anyway and I'll save £800
They look mint on Silver !!...

·
Registered
869 Posts
I did see a Silverfox MK8 with them and it looked good, but personally, maybe oddly, I still prefer the standard stock ones!
I looked into the 8.5 alloys months ago, and they only had 1 in stock back then too…I agree they would give a fresh look though, good luck! I have a s.fox too, so I’ll keep an eye out for your next update!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Just a thought but if they are down to the bare bones on the production lines then maybe they've redirected the wheels earmarked for parts departments there.

If so, drive carefully, because good luck getting a replacement one if you smack it into a kerb 😬

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a thought but if they are down to the bare bones on the production lines then maybe they've redirected the wheels earmarked for parts departments there.

If so, drive carefully, because good luck getting a replacement one if you smack it into a kerb 😬
Good call. I hope not!

If I do get ones, I'll probably end up keep my old as spares then, just in case :D

·
Registered
966 Posts
I did see a Silverfox MK8 with them and it looked good, but personally, maybe oddly, I still prefer the standard stock ones!
Here are a couple of pictures of the PE wheels. I reckon they would look even better painted gloss black but i decided to keep them the standard colour. If you ever do fit the Mk8.5 wheels i would love to see some photos!
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Car Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welp, I did it.

Will upload a better pic after a wash etc!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I like them. Overall, just happy to freshen up the car a bit and give a fresh look since I've owned it for 3.5 years now (It's a 2018) and I don't plan on changing this car soon.

I wasn't smart enough to check my tyre depth before asking my tyre place to change them over, and my two front are at the end, so they'll be coming off early next week again when my new tyres (Michelin PS5) arrive.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Welp, I did it.

Will upload a better pic after a wash etc!

I like them. Overall, just happy to freshen up the car a bit and give a fresh look since I've owned it for 3.5 years now (It's a 2018) and I don't plan on changing this car soon.

I wasn't smart enough to check my tyre depth before asking my tyre place to change them over, and my two front are at the end, so they'll be coming off early next week again when my new tyres (Michelin PS5) arrive.

Now that does look smart, I'm not a massive fan of the mk8 ST alloys, and although the ones on my new one aren't my favourite either, they're better.
I do need to lob 2 st200 alloys on mine though to see what it looks like but I'll need new tyres.

Nice upgrade though for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They look good don’t get me wrong, but I think the diamond cut 18’s on the Mk8 are the nicer looking wheel, especially when the vehicle is rolling 👌
I was considering keeping my old wheels around anyway. I still like them and just fancied the change. They might not be worth much with the scuffs, so maybe they'll be useful to keep as spares and I'll swap them back another time. Maybe wasteful, I'm not sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts