Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note by way of recomendation...

Last Wednesday I took my car to Jacksons Ford in Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire, for them to fit the Mountune 185 kit to my car. I dropped the car off around 8.30, and was met by Dan who I had dealt with on the phone and arranged to bring the car down. Dan was very helpful and knowledgable when discussing the car and the upgrade prior to arranging this, something of a change from one dealer I spoke to where the person I was dealing with didn't know much about the kits, much less understand that I already bought the cat back exhaust and CAIS and thus did not need all of the parts ordering for the conversion as I already had them.

After a quick chat with Dan and handing the keys over, I was offered a lift to the railway station (Henley is a very small place and not necessarily the most interesting place to try and kill a rainy day, but Stratford Upon Avon is just two stops down the line and there is a bit more to see and do there should you wish to wait around). Around three o'clock I returned to Jacksons, and waited a bit longer.

They had my car all ready for around 4 o'clock. They had fitted the kit and adjusted the hose location for the induction kit as when I fitted it the bracket for the resonator bottle was in the way (they removed this from my car when on the ramps). They had also adjusted the exhaust so it fitted a lot better than before and was not so low. I spoke to Dan who said they always did a thorough job even if it meant adjusting things that were already that way on the customers car when they come in. I had also asked them to tighten the whiteline ARB on my car when it was on the ramps, as it had come slightly lose. They did this and also added some locking nuts on there to help ensure the U bolts cannot come lose again - going the extra mile I thought.

So I can recommend the garage for anyone in the midlands area wanting to give their Ford the Mountune treatment! A friendly and very professional service all round, from Dan & Sam (Sam is the mechanic/technician who worked on my car, an ST185 owner himself apparently
).

As for the car itself....immediately obvious with the Mountune package was that it was louder, with a slightly grumbling idle and a much deeper pulsing exhaust tone. The Mountune kit leaves the car feeling much freer revving, smoother, and does away with the slight hesitation and laziness present on the standard car (my car went in to Jacksons with the Mountune CAIS, cat back exhaust and miltek flexi pipe, so whilst modded it was very basic). The Mountune 185 car pulls hard around to the limiter, feeling and sounding far less breathless at the top end. As for the sound, its very loud, but a good sound all the same. I was somewhat disappointed with how the Mountune cat back exhaust sounded with just the flexi pipe, being louder but rather tuneless....the full Mountune system sounds much crisper, and the pops and bangs on the overrun sure turn heads!

Over the last few days I have enjoyed the car more than before, covering nearly 400 miles whilst visiting friends down near the south coast and then the long drive back, now the car sounds and drives like it should have done from the factory....for anyone considering the upgrade, I'd say go for it, it takes the fun of the ST and turns it up another notch!

·
Registered
246 Posts
400 miles in a few days thats alot you noticed your mpg go down much? what milage is your car if you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
400 miles in a few days thats alot you noticed your mpg go down much? what milage is your car if you dont mind me asking
Doesn't seem massively different though its hard for me to say really....my normal usage consists of rather more town driving, where as over the past few days its been mostly fastish A roads and a bit of motorway driving so hard to judge....

To be honest I wouldn't use economy as a reason not to go for the mountune kit, its not really what its about, if you need performance then trade in the ST for a Zetec S TDCI!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Good write up buddy, you say this is in Henley? I'm only down in Bracknell/Reading so it's not to much of a trek to get to this place.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If i need performance trade in the st and get a zetec s tdci???? hmmmmmm not quite with you on that one ha h.I am assuming you meant economy ?
Sorry mate yes I meant economy!

It's Henley in arden in warwickshire so a bit far from the other Henley!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Have you gone on any motorway drives yet? I'd be interested to know what the exhaust sounds like on a motorway run as I've got everything you originally had bar the cat-back at the moment and although I may like more power in the future, I don't want to have a loud car that drones, etc..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts