Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,668 Posts
For the record in case anyone stumbles across a copy (I guess its still in the shops) my cup of tea hadn't even got to drinking temperature before I was done cover to cover ☹

There's noticeably less about the Mk8 than the others... I mean why have no buyers guide when its all the 3yr old Mk8's that are hitting the second hand market now?

Basically if you're a Mk8 owner, if mods leave you flaccid and if reading about what folk with limitless funds and equally imitless self congratulation have done to their car doesn't appeal, its probably not worth it.

It came over to me as less of a commemoration of the Fiesta ST as a ghost written piece for the aftermarket tuning companies.

Still, it can sit with the log book/document pack for my car's next owner to flick through once I'm dead.

· Registered
371 Posts
I bought a copy but @Keithsson sums it up quite well for me. Thought it was going to be more of a commemoration.
I also noticed the lack of Mk8 buyers guide.

Tim on here probably has more info on fiesta st's then anything I've ever seen published to be honest.
The mk8 section is work in progress, but the mk7 section already has loads of stuff. Interesting read.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
The cynic in me @coilkat would say the reason the Mk8 is featured so little is that the 'sponsors' of the publication have many more lines in aftermarket add-ons for the 6&7 than they do for the 8 currently.

Its so blatantly directing readers in the direction of mod shops, and far fewer 8's are in the post PCP/post warranty phase at which point owners, rightly, can become more confident about 'molesting' them.

And as 'the cynic in me' comprises about 99% of my body mass (my left little toe is a bit more open minded) I'm probably about right 😄

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Oh why oh why didn't they come to me about the Mk7 again. "The M-Sport edition was based on the ST-1 in either white or blue" - Er so what about the ST-3's that were converted. Surely their time limits to write this stuff isn't that tight that they have to guess. 🤦‍♂️ - Good job there's a Fiesta resource website out there that has laid out the facts with evidence and literature so that people don't believe what's written in a mag as gospel. Such a shame.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
I bought a copy but @Keithsson sums it up quite well for me. Thought it was going to be more of a commemoration.
I also noticed the lack of Mk8 buyers guide.

Tim on here probably has more info on fiesta st's then anything I've ever seen published to be honest.
The mk8 section is work in progress, but the mk7 section already has loads of stuff. Interesting read.

Thank's for the praise. Yeah the Mk7 section is still in the making (I'm even re-doing some of the Mk7 section based on new information surfacing and just generally look at it differently now) - but yeah the Mk6 and Mk8 will take some time to be built up, but one day it will. (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts