Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking on this tuning website for a chip add 40bhp attach it to te MAF sensor. Any hints tips get one or not??

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll let others comment on this particular item.

In general be careful with these things because a lot of similar products dont actually add any power, instead they simply adjust the throttle response curve. This tricks you into thinking the car has more power and it more responsive. In actual fact, what you think is half throttle is actually full throttle. They do the opposite trick when you set them to fuel economy mode.

However, I have no knowledge of this particular item so it may be completely different.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Firstly, the Fiesta doesnt have a MAF senseor, secondly, NO software will give you 40hp on a N/A engine.
+1^^

Best thing to do, is fit any parts like exhaust/air filter/cams etc and when you finished get a custom remap, or buy something like a Dreamscience or bluefin

Matt

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Mate honest it's a load of rubbish!

To get 40bhp from a fiesta ST you need a full exhaust system,induction kit,60mm tb,Cosworth spec cams and a custom map.no way will just a tune add 40bhp. Maybe 8bhp if your lucky!

Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts