Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought a 10psi actuator and have only just read up that standard is 7psi (N00b)

My ST is having the MP215 tune on Monday and I was hoping to have this fitted too, have I bought the wrong one or will it be OK?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe because none of the tuners this side of the Atlantic say it's needed.

From MountuneUSA, who sell this part but only for the custom maps they make, not MP or MR maps.
Interesting.. thanks for posting. I do still want to have it fitted along with the tune.

I have found a few vids on YouTube showing a faster and more steady/linear curve along with less drop off after 5k revs with these fitted.

It looks like 10psi spring is actually the best choice for 20ish PSI that I should be running with the Mountune tune: http://turbolabofamerica.com/what-size-external-wastegate-spring-to-use/

Check this out - I know the existing Wastegate was suspected to be faulty here, but just look at the chart post fitting/tune an:

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
From experiance with my last car (500 abarth) I ran a forge actuator with the 7psi spring which was the stock psi setting and it held onto the boost longer giving me more torque along a greater rev range.

Maybe you could contact Mountune?

me personally think i would wait until im in the stage 2 area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From experiance with my last car (500 abarth) I ran a forge actuator with the 7psi spring which was the stock psi setting and it held onto the boost longer giving me more torque along a greater rev range.

Maybe you could contact Mountune?

me personally think i would wait until im in the stage 2 area.
Great, glad to hear a positive review on one of these

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi, I had a Turbosmart Actuator fitted when I upgraded to the Collins CP2-E map and it definitely feels better for it,holds boost much better in all gears, though I believe the spring was only 7psi

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i cant see any benefit at all in fitting this actuator unless you have a map that is actually going to make the most of it, probably stage 2 collins etc.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey everyone, sorry to dig up this post but would there be any negative effects of fitting an uprated actuator and then driving without a tune?
For some context I have an actuator to be fitted to my car and I have a custom tune booked in to tie it all in. Just wondering if fitting the actuator and then driving to the tuning company will cause much grief.
Currently MR230 mapped with supporting mods

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Hey everyone, sorry to dig up this post but would there be any negative effects of fitting an uprated actuator and then driving without a tune?
For some context I have an actuator to be fitted to my car and I have a custom tune booked in to tie it all in. Just wondering if fitting the actuator and then driving to the tuning company will cause much grief.
Currently MR230 mapped with supporting mods
I take it you're having the timing reset at the same time then going more power?

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
As long as you dont floor it or go into too much boost i cant see a problem, Although make sure you know what spring is in the actuator (7 or 10psi) as i remember my abarth getting mapped had the 7psi one in and it hit boost just over the 1.4bar constant i think, it was mapped to run max 1.45 bar so i changed to the next spring which i think was the yellow on (10-11psi) and i was over boosting to just over 1.6 bar causing fuel cut when flooring it. DAMN IT WAS FAST THO haha:eek::ROFLMAO:

Obviously changed it back to green.
Just my 2 pence 😄

·
Registered
84 Posts
I take it you're having the timing reset at the same time then going more power?
I'm going for a custom jobby and the company said they can work around the cam timing. I'm interested to see the result though so will report back. I've seen a few of the guys on another thread have gone to Sabre and all glowing reviews so fingers crossed 🤞

As long as you dont floor it or go into too much boost i cant see a problem, Although make sure you know what spring is in the actuator (7 or 10psi) as i remember my abarth getting mapped had the 7psi one in and it hit boost just over the 1.4bar constant i think, it was mapped to run max 1.45 bar so i changed to the next spring which i think was the yellow on (10-11psi) and i was over boosting to just over 1.6 bar causing fuel cut when flooring it. DAMN IT WAS FAST THO haha:eek::ROFLMAO:

Obviously changed it back to green.
Just my 2 pence 😄
This is brilliant. So I may have gone for the 'bigger is better' approach and got the 10psi one 😅
As long as it's mapped with that in mind it should be ok....may have to take out AA gold before I go ha

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Please post up your results as im having mine fitted at peron in i think 3 or 4 weeks now, there gonna fit it alland i should have a power run so ill post up mine on here too, im hoping for around 245 bhp would love 250 bhp but i feel like a i have a boost leak and exhaust leak lmao

·
Registered
84 Posts
Please post up your results as im having mine fitted at peron in i think 3 or 4 weeks now, there gonna fit it alland i should have a power run so ill post up mine on here too, im hoping for around 245 bhp would love 250 bhp but i feel like a i have a boost leak and exhaust leak lmao
Interested to see how the two compare, what psi actuator are you going for?

When I fit the actuator this weekend, I'm giving the car a full overhaul and check (mainly checking boost pipes are all on tight ready) so there aren't any surprises on the day

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Tbh I'm leaving it up to peron, I'm guessing they will just put the 7psi one in, don't forget you can change how much boost you get by dialling it in with how tight you set it, on my abarth I made it dam tight lmao the torque was great because it took more pressure to open it hehe just becareful tho (y) got it setup dead on 1.4bar constant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just an update - I was at Sabre last weekend and, when trying to tune with the 10psi actuator, the Wastegate duty cycle was down at 30% due to how strong it was.
Apparently once it gets down to 20% or less it is in its deadzone and is pretty much inactive. Just some food for thought if anyone's thinking for going for the bigger spring, it did boost to 1.8 bar though :ROFLMAO:
Had an issue with the exhaust timing on the car so I dont have any results yet, but I'm going back for a session once I've got to the bottom of it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts