Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

had tyres on my car exactly a year ago today. Went in for service today and was told they will need doing again at MOT time in January. How long do your tyres last in general? Know it differs on driving style, mileage and type of tyre

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I did 24,000+ miles on the Bridgestones, they still had plenty of tread but road noise and tramlining got quite bad.

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Mine tend to last more than 2 years, if not longer. However time isn't the factor here, its usage. I tend to cover around 15k miles in 2 years.

There are a few possibilities here...

1) You drive fast; Always hard acceleration, taking bends with speed, braking late and hard.

2) There is a fault; Your tracking or pressures are way out or a sticking caliper etc (however a sticking brake would normally only mean 1 tyre wears more).

3) You cover a lot of miles.

4) They offer to replace them, which is quids in for them.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
You say you have them for a year but not how many miles are on them or what tyres they are. Two very important variables.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. They are General Altimax 1 S tyres. I’ve done 13k on them. Had tracking done last year so that shouldn’t be a problem. And pressures are checked regularly and inflated to Ford spec

1 - 6 of 6 Posts