Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Do people recommend any tyres other than PS4s ? I’ll probably end up with PS4s but boy are they expensive!

I have the 18 inch wheels so size is 205/40/18.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,252 Posts
Hi folks,

Do people recommend any tyres other than PS4s ? I’ll probably end up with PS4s but boy are they expensive!

I have the 18 inch wheels so size is 205/40/18.

Thanks.
There isn't many decent options for sensible money in 205/40/18 , some people opt for 225s but it doesn't appeal to me, 215 would be a better option but sticking to the manufacturer recommended size is probably most sensible.

I'm reasonably happy with the Michelins but do think they could be better for the money I've used Yokohama advan fleva on previous cars and been very pleased with them overall. And they are about 40 quid cheaper . .
Click here --> * <--

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
501 Posts
When u go for 215 u get much more choice...

And here in Belgium other tyre sizes are allowed if the diameter (rim + tyre) is within a tolerance of - 2 % to + 1.5 % of the diameters of the official tyre sizes

Original size 205/40 R18, so I can fit 215/40 R18, but not 225/40 R18

·
Registered
570 Posts
When u go for 215 u get much more choice...

And here in Belgium other tyre sizes are allowed if the diameter (rim + tyre) is within a tolerance of - 2 % to + 1.5 % of the diameters of the official tyre sizes

Original size 205/40 R18, so I can fit 215/40 R18, but not 225/40 R18
215/40 just scrapes in!
How about 225/35, that's a closer fit. Are they widely available?

·
Super Moderator
24,219 Posts
How long is a piece of string?

Depends on whether they're deemed a contributing factor to the incident. Such as stretched tryes coming off the rim...wider tyres folding on themselves...etc etc etc.

Not a cut and shut/black and white area, in the UK anyway.

·
Registered
147 Posts
205 vs 215
Pilot sport 4s vs pilot sport 5 confusing 🙈
However anything has to be better than
Radar Dimac 8+ thay have reduced my ST to frankly a wobbly torque steering mess. The traction control light is never stops flashing
So my review is avoid them at all costs !

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST Edition
1,252 Posts
Crap tires make things more fun. I find the high end stuff just makes seem more sedate, nothing like scrambling for traction in a maccies carpark 😂
😂 I know what you mean.

My ecoboost transit courier van is something around 160bhp and spins up in the dry in 2nd gear, cornering and breaking confidence is very low compared to the ST. I won't be getting the cheapest next time.

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
501 Posts
215/40 just scrapes in!
How about 225/35, that's a closer fit. Are they widely available?
Okay, 225/35 R18 is also within tolerance here in Belgium...

So let's search for some good tyres

·
Registered
147 Posts
Crap tires make things more fun. I find the high end stuff just makes seem more sedate, nothing like scrambling for traction in a maccies carpark 😂
Third gear in the dry and it spins. I’d be well chuffed if that was down to it being a 400hp+ monster
Or a snorting pinto powering rear wheels which would be alot of fun. But accelerating onto the bypass like a crab in a fwd was frankly terrifying. I see the funny side of it now eventually 😂

1 - 15 of 15 Posts