Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, Im getting extremely annoyed with ****y people who you beat in a race. Buy a new car thats faster than yours.
This is what a friend has done and will not let it drop till i race him again, He is on a constant ego boost.

Basically i beat his old car as he was begging for a race, he then swapped it for a Audi A3 1.8T Quattro (180bhp) which of course, can easily beat a standard fiesta ST.

So i thought, fine ill do some modding, but then he is coming out with "My car is still standard blablabla" all that rubbish. Even after having a shout at him, he still keeps going on about racing.
So ive challenged him to a race at USC this year.

Now, power... I need alot of it and as cheap as possible.

Currently i have :

K&N 57i

What can i do to beat him once and for all? I need increased accelaration as much as possible.

Im not usually a racing type, but this guy needs to go down and prove the ST name!

·
Registered
504 Posts
To beat him you'll need full exhaust system and a remap!

the A3 should be heavier, so getting 170- 175 bhp out of yours should match him!

Check the STOC BHP leaderboard to see what you'll need to put on!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It's an Audi...He'll pull away slower off the line, tuck in behind you, then just sit right on your rear bumper all the way down the strip, right?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I would be tempted to dabble in a small shot of nitrous just for the event - only way I can see you winning without spending a few grand.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is completely standard and my mates 152bhp Saxo btw beat him but dunno if they are tht much faster than the st

·
Registered
808 Posts
If its and an older a3 with the 1.8 t from the mk4 golf gti the turbo is parp, engine just has a better map than the old golf but still uses the same old ****ty turbo, couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding lol, I'd say k&n full exhaust and a map/bluefin, take the interior out for good measure and all you need is a good start cos the 4wd system
Is pretty decent in the Audi.

Jamie

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
mate they are heavy....off the line now you should be all over him!

just get a full exhaust,maybe some cams and a map to rip him....

or mountune 185..good bit of kit.that audi will do a high 15 on the quarter mile...heavy car you can do a low 15 with 180bhp..lose the rear seats and spare wheel to save about 45-50kg and walk away a winner.

lee

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
1.8T? Quattro?
And who said he want "cheat" like you? Just his horses are cheaper, since he have turbo.
No way you will win if you dont get nitrous shot, 75hp should be fine .

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If it was a track I wouldn't have a problem as he is an awful driver, he actually tries to drift in his a3 lol
Only reason I'm trying Santa pod is cause I know longer distance due to ****ty rev limit on fiesta being so early he would own me.

Nos sounds a good idea

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
If you have 185 bhp,launch it right and you will be on your way.is he planning on any mods?

Also,lose weight via the rear seats/spare wheel...try to borrow some better tyres too!

Lee

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
A lady in our club is running a 40hp shot of Nos on top of her ST190 kit. 152bhp at the wheels. This is at altitude , so you can add 18% to that, so 180bhp at the wheels at the coast where you guys run.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
if audi driver start well with 4WD, no chanse he will catch him in fiesta!
he need 100hp more to catch him on end of 1/4 mile

1 - 16 of 16 Posts