Fiesta ST Forums banner
2001 - 2020 of 2052 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
After lots of people have mentioned water in the spare wheel I decided I ought to check mine...

...pleased to report it was as dry as a Nun's tuppence 👍

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Did a track day at Anglesey which is starting to be my fave track. Car ran great (CP2e) always feel like I need more power though. Best car overtaken was a BMW 130i and had a very good tussle with a Track only tuned Focus ST170 on full slicks. Was also good that on this occasion my son's Cupra R running 390 bhp did not **** its guts. Cost him 7K in an engine rebuild last time out!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Ouch, I feel your pain my friend.

I used to think there was only one thing worse than teaching a daughter to drive... teaching a son to drive. But I've found a whole new depth of pain and awkwardness... teaching your daughters boyfriend to drive, a boyfriend who will imminently be asking my permission for her hand in marriage. Quite how the **** this cringefest situation happened I don't really know.

The only compensation is after an hour of stalling and juddering as a passenger in a Ka I allow myself at least another hour to make the two minute drive home via lots of B road twistes in the ST 😎

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Got my detailing bloke to do an engine clean. Not been touched since 2013, so was dusty and remnants of missed oil top ups

Then went full "u wot m8", Halfords spec with Osram LEDs. Looks quite nice actually. Matches the dash and cupholder lights. I need to get that will fixed though 🤔

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Probed the darkest corners of the chassis and inner wings with BiltHambers finest Dynax S50 anti corrosion wax . 2.5 cans and a sticky waxy hairdo later all done. No idea if the car will live longer for it but gave me a wonderful feeling of well being once done. Sorry no pictures of tubes being stuck into holes.
Just about to tackle this. Just bought some bilthamber hydrate 80 and dynax uc. Just waiting for a gap in the weather to get it up on axle stands and get cracking.

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
Not the ST, but my wife's daily shed.

Heard a fuel tank strap snap on the motorway. The other one was as severely perished too.

Lucky I knew a guy who knew a guy who had some metal binding. Held fine for a 3 hour drive home.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Took it for service, brake fluid change and MOT.. which it subsequently failed, and Ford want £400 to change two bushes and a suspension spring!

Luckily have a warranty I got when I purchased the car which should cover everything…

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Moved it off and on the drive numerous times as my daughter has now passed her driving test :rolleyes:
Then today I took my mother nice and steady to the West Cumberland hospital for a small op then stretched it's legs on the way back (y)

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Had it re-MOT'd and it passed.. only advisory now is the rear brakes.. which will get sorted when funds allow! Don't drive the car a lot now so it will mostly be sat on the driveway, especially with a trip to Bristol next week, probably won't move again for at least a week or two.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Blyton was a great day , the ST ran flawlessly once again , almost got it on 3 wheels too. Think there was about 3 cars that got by me all day
Brought out the family wagon for a few laps in the afternoon to finish off the day 👌😎

that’s the last trackday of the year for me , and the st deserves a good rest in the garage and begin my autumn maintenance for next year.
The s280 will be on for next time it comes out 😬

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST200 mk7 Stage 3+ Build
821 Posts
In the last week I have gone a little mad :)

Fitted the following:

Pro Alloy Curved Large Intercooler
MTC IC pipes
Mountune IC Hard pipe
Vudu Catch can
Autobeam HID Kit
Mountune Rear Spring Isolators

Also ordered a full service kit, mountune gearknob and BAF K-Brace brace... 🤪

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Failed an MOT, rear pads and a bearing. Pads we’re on a list of things to do however the PBS pads I’ve bought are yet to turn up.

2001 - 2020 of 2052 Posts