Fiesta ST Forums banner
2041 - 2052 of 2052 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,633 Posts
Drove it around to view some wedding venues, in the torrential rain... Only to lose my front numberplate on the way home from the last one.

Suspected it was in the flood I had no choice to go through due to diversions and road closures. Didn't help an ambulance on blues smashed past in opposite direction along with several inconsiderate SUV drivers.

Went out this morning and found it, albeit damaged.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Now I should make it clear I loved my ST before but thanks to Covid this week has been the first opportunity for us both to properly get down and dirty together.

A week of blasting around Devon and Cornwall, not caring about mud and puddles, not driving the same old circular routes from home we've been stuck with since we've been together but a proper balls out thrashing to a backing track of thumping heavy metal and maniacal laughter from yours truly.

Genuinely I've not broken any driving laws, you'd struggle to get up to the national speed limit on these hairpin heavy narrow back roads if you tried... and lord knows I've tried.

I got up especially early today to do the wonderful road between St Ives and Pendeen before any of the remaining emmets surfaced. Empty road, damp conditions, maximum fun.

I would say these cars are the most fun you can have with your clothes on... but as you get older the levels of fun you get WITHOUT your clothes on tapers off. This morning was about the best fun it's possible to have, clothed or naked as a jaybird 😜

Sorry its not a modification and sorry to go on, its just a love letter to my car really ❤

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,111 Posts
New brake discs and pads on, refreshed the axle spacers. Used 15mm from Anembo to replace the crumbly genuine Ford 12.5mm ones, new shields, and then painted the calipers in 3 coats of chateau Halfords' finest red. Also changed the slide pins with Frentech ones. Yellowstuff pads all round

As always I used my patented rear caliper rewind tool - a pair of needle nose pliers 🙃

Bit of a long day, took about twice as long as I expected, had to grind off the old ABS sensor bolt to get the rear spacers off - too rusty and only 8mm head so chances were slim and of course it just rounded off. So now there's no bolt holding it on, but it's quite a tight fit and the remnants of the old bolt are acting as a locating dowel, so hopefully it's all OK

Other side tomorrow 🤣

Automotive tire Wood Sports equipment Bumper Tool

Automotive tire Rim Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

🍺

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Another oil leak fixed on the st
Would be a good one for you guys to check too , remove the induction hose and see if the top of the gearbox is covered in oil

the vacuum pump leaking oil
Rectangle Font Personal protective equipment Metal Fashion accessory
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Blue
Motor vehicle Bumper Personal protective equipment Automotive tire Machine
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
New one for me this week. Managed to blow the symposer bung off. Was on track, heard an almighty bang and lost all boost. Nervously looked behind me to see if the turbo/engine had released its magic smoke... To which there was none.

Turned out the bung wasn't tight enough with the standard hose clamp and blew right out under boost. With extreme luck, it got stuck in the engine block. Had it disappeared on track, I'd have been proper stuck

A couple of jubilee clips later and I was back in action.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Drove it about a bit to get the feeling again to gain some choice words to put in an upcoming mag feature.

2041 - 2052 of 2052 Posts