Fiesta ST Forums banner
2241 - 2260 of 2273 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
194 Posts
Gave it a much needed wash once the sun sodded off for a bit (I'm discovering it's not ideal to wash a black car when it's sunny), so naturally it's going to bucket rain for the next few days.

Also really need to get a 0ppm filter for the final rinse off. Trying to run around drying it before the water marks appear is a pain.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Gave it a service, drove it a lot, oh and picked up another chunk of metal in a rear tyre (making it 5 entrants for that tyre) which has led to it deflating every 2 days. Seeing as I can't even wash it every month, let alone pump the tyres up every two days, I've got Tyres On The Drive coming out tomorrow to finally remove the 5 year old factory rear tyres and replace them for some that won't leak. Might wash it soon, or drive it to the hand car wash.

·
Super Moderator
24,125 Posts
Cleaned it again, swirls and holograms galore but really cba to get the DA out and correct it all again but at the same time can't stand the sight of it in direct sunlight.
I couldn't stand the sight of it, even though it was "clean"... So, this morning I cracked out the DA after taking the dog for a cool early morning walk.

I only gave it a quick going over with a cutting compound...but only had a soft pad to hand. Results aren't perfect, but all of the holograms have gone and swirls are vastly reduced. Major scratches are still present, but I don't have the time to give it a proper correction.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Finished it off with a good coat of wax to hopefully have a half decent barrier for the next few washes and protect it for the forthcoming thunderstorms that are predicted tomorrow of all days!

Before:
Cloud Water Atmosphere Blue Sky

After:
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Water Blue

·
Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
194 Posts
Planned to do all this today:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt

Vibratechnics engine mounts

Shelving Wood Gas Waste container Automotive exterior

PBS front pads, mtec rears, mtec c hook discs all round and braided lines.

That didn't happen due to being roped into a few other things before getting at the car.
Got the mounts done, gearbox mount is a pain with the amount of stuff that has to be taken out to get at it.
Car Vehicle Automotive fuel system Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Headgear Automotive wheel system Gas

Fair bit of movement in the old ones so should notice a decent difference when I get to take it for a spin. Slight bit of nvh with the stiffer mounts, but nothing drastic.
Also took the opportunity, while the battery tray was out, to adjust the gear linkage with the short shifter fitted. Hopefully it'll take care of the random popping out of second when changing down the gears.

Next weekend for the brakes. Hopefully..

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Been drifting in my ST this week, well it feels like it. Them new hankook tyres on the back are still bedding in and even at 70mph you can swerve the car and the back end skips a bit. Still even got the 'hankook' shallow lettering in the high centre bar of the tread. Hopefully will get better as the tyres wear in as it feels like a totally different car and feels like it has flat rear tyres i.e. no grip and jelly like, plus have no confidence to push it around the lanes just yet. But on a positive note the ride is a bit softer than the factory bridgestones.

·
Registered
2014 Mk7 ST-3
194 Posts
Got the windscreen replaced after picking up a nice big chip on the way to work Monday.
Some smooth brain decided to overtake a truck where you're not supposed to overtake and hucked a stone across the road, to be caught by my windscreen.

I'll be finding tiny bits of glass for days.

2241 - 2260 of 2273 Posts