Fiesta ST Forums banner
1701 - 1720 of 2349 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Nipped down to Collins to have Stage 2-E tune fitted. (Airtec inter-cooler, ITG, actuator,software) Went for a stage 3 inter-cooler just in case I want to go further, later. Also had one of their torque mounts fitted at the same time. They were kind enough to give me door decals (That cover whole of the bottom of the doors) not sure I will fit them though (well maybe later) Can't wait to get the car back on the track!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Soaked up a nice £900 bill on the ST180 for 2 new drive shafts on both sides :sob: consequence of having it too low.

Also fixed another annoying ticking noise. It was random but rotational with the wheel - turned out to be the front wheel spacers wouldnt seat correctly due to a coating on my brake disks, bit of a rub down and the noise is gone.

New rear caliper fitted to the ST150 too

Next booking into collins for the drive belt, water pump and aux belt service. Thats going to hurt :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Gave car it's usual biannual service, it's only done 1700 miles since last service due to lock down, also got a shed/daily for some family duties and also for my youngest lad to play around with. The ST's a keeper so want to stick to two services per year.

Food Ingredient Plastic Auto part Font

Early start: 06:50am

Automotive exterior Automotive tire Tints and shades Electric blue Automotive wheel system

Font Household hardware Metal Auto part Wood

Last time plugs were changed threads were squeaky dry so this time applied a very small amount of aluminium anti-seize grease:

Light Product Font Circuit component Material property

Wood Lighting Font Automotive tire Line

Hood Automotive tire Tire Suspension Fender

Rectangle Font Wood Brick Tints and shades

Apparently it's quite common for the expansion tank cap to fail so I change this every couple of years, I always apply a tiny squirt of silicon spray to the thread.

Gas Food Packing materials Plastic wrap Plastic

Got some new lights coming, so will fit those hopefully next week and finally change over the wheels, oh and have some Powerflex Rear Beam Bushes to fit.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
24,363 Posts
Folded the rear seats down and filled it with crap that has been living in the garage since moving in a year ago and then drove to the tip only to be told "You haven't booked a time slot"...

"Didn't know I needed to, I literally just checked the website to see if you're open, nothing on there"

"Oh, yeah well, since Monday you have to book time slots but the form wasn't available first thing"

:facepalm:

Pull up and go on the website again to check/book...

*The registration form for bookings is unavailable until 11pm Sunday 21st*

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Oh what a day......

My god, I wouldn't want to fit this Mountune radiator to my MK7 ST again but what a lovely piece of kit it is and it has worked wonders on those temps!👌🏻 Shame you don't get to see it. 😫

I even managed to fit in a few touches to my MK8 ST too. 😉

Automotive radiator part Wood Grille Mesh Rectangle
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire Mass production
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle White
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
Drove mine to Wales and returned home with another one.

Took quite a while but finally found a nice SB bone stock car, fsh, below average miles, well looked after, decent previous owner, anyway my lads absolutely chuffed with it. I drove it back from Wales and was nice to drive a stock car.

My lad now living a couple of hours away and we can't see as much of each other as we'd like, so looking forward to detailing weekends, him showing me how to make better use of my spanners and going on some awesome road trips making memories along the way.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Blue

Attachments

1701 - 1720 of 2349 Posts