Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seem to be struggling with ACT temperature at the moment, with it averaging around 35degC+, sometimes in the region of 50degC+.
Which got me thinking about what i can do, to lower them, as i believe im missing a fair chunk of power because of the temps. at the moment.

So, whats the biggest intercooler you can fit under the bumper, without externally modifiying the bumper?

Also, has anyone any other suggestions that could help lower ACT's/ inlet temps?

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
You can get water sprayers to help keep ACT's lower when you have bursts of power. Obviously that means having another tank of fluid in the bay somewhere, and you will always have to be topping it up. 50c isnt THAT high is it?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
You can get water sprayers to help keep ACT's lower when you have bursts of power. Obviously that means having another tank of fluid in the bay somewhere, and you will always have to be topping it up. 50c isnt THAT high is it?
I have considered that, but im not sure in reality, how much difference it would make, or if its really practical.

Yeah that is fairly high, but only get that bad after sitting in traffic really. But still has an adverse effect, non the less.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I have considered that, but im not sure in reality, how much difference it would make, or if its really practical.

Yeah that is fairly high, but only get that bad after sitting in traffic really. But still has an adverse effect, non the less.
[/quote]

other than a fan that kicks in when needed, theres not much you can do sitting in traffic, just dont boot it untill the ACT's start to drop if you are worried?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[/quote]

other than a fan that kicks in when needed, theres not much you can do sitting in traffic, just dont boot it untill the ACT's start to drop if you are worried?
[/quote]

Not worried, as it'l make little difference, but im sure there's a lot more power available for something so simple(when warmed up in a morning it flies-with low act's, it's a tad sluggish when they rise).

·
Registered
143 Posts
AIRTEC have released a new intercooler for the fez, Im pretty sure thats slighly bigger than the one supplied currently with the s/c kit? Not sure how much difference it would make though tbh

·
Registered
860 Posts
if you have the $$ can you not get a chargecooler?

if not i'd give graham at GRS a call, his "motorsport" intercoolers are a top piece of kit. something custome would have to be made up i think. i don't know what jamsport use.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
AIRTEC have released a new intercooler for the fez, Im pretty sure thats slighly bigger than the one supplied currently with the s/c kit? Not sure how much difference it would make though tbh
This^ and an airtec st rad will do the trick. Check out my project page - Airtec intercooler pics will be updated soon

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I spoke to Jamsport about this today and there doing a intercooler upgrade.it's as big as the lower grill and the boost pipes come from the back so it can be made longer.

Around £300 they said

Lee

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spoke to Jamsport about this today and there doing a intercooler upgrade.it's as big as the lower grill and the boost pipes come from the back so it can be made longer.

Around £300 they said

Lee
sounds like a plan.... would make it look proper "mean"?
[/quote]

Think ive seen a sneeky pic in fast ford, which looked the nuts.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Yes
,will run the width of the cut out so now with mine you can see boost pipes but with this it's just intercooler..so will quite abit bigger lol!

Should see the intake temps drop abit..

I'm gona give it a go lol

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I Should have some pics of it on my ST end of this week, As Lee said its quite bigger compared to the 'standard' SC intercooler supplied.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts