Fiesta ST Forums banner

What is the difference between Sport and Track modes?

11K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Familyman 
#1 ·
I cannot tell the difference in the way the car drives when switching from Sport to Track modes?

What exactly are the setting differences between them? Is it just a case of ESC being turned down/off in Track?

#2 ·
"Borrowed" from another site...

Selectable Drive Modes add even more versatility for the all-new Fiesta ST, enabling drivers to optimise the driving experience to suit scenarios from school run to the race track:

 In Normal mode, engine mapping, traction control, ESC, active exhaust valve and electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) are configured to deliver natural responsiveness and a connected feel

 In Sport mode, engine mapping and throttle pedal response are sharpened, and EPAS settings adjusted to deliver more feedback and finer control for fast road driving. The active noise control valve opens to intensify the sporty exhaust note

 In Track mode, all vehicle dynamics features are tuned for the fastest possible lap times, traction control is disabled and ESC interventions are set to wide-slip mode for hard circuit driving

Three-mode ESC enables drivers to choose between full system intervention; wide-slip mode with limited intervention; and full system de-activation.

#4 ·
I don't have a MK8, but I'm going to assume that in terms of electronic assists, it's similar to the "sport" Vs "off" mode in the MK7.

On the road you notice no difference, but as soon as you start sliding around corners on track, it's instantly noticeable. Sport mode allows a little slip (more than assists on), but if you go too far it absolutely snaps you back into line (even if you were still in control).

It'll save your bacon in an accidental slide, but can be quite disconcerting when you're not expecting it.

Full off will happily allow the car to spin and will make no effort to correct itself. I assume track mode in the MK8 would do the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.