Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prob been done before but cant post in the mountune section any more, so what are people getting from a full tank of juice? Mods would be helpful so i can see if theirs something wrong with what im getting.

I have Mountune 165, daily drive of bout 50 miles, always keeping to speed limit if not below to try and save fuel but still i only get 250 ish miles from a tank.

Is their a difference in pre and facelift? mines a 05 plate, full history and just ticked over to 44,000 miles.

Any ideas comments welcome

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
When that Amber light comes on you still have 50 miles of fuel left at least... So you probably get 300 miles from a tank you are just filling up too soon. How many litres can you get in the tank when you fill up??

On a long run I get about 37mpg and since the ST has a 10gallon tank (roughly) that is 370miles from a tank of fuel. That's with mountune 185.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Lucky you lot! I'm on full stainless, pipercross, cams but no remap and I'll get 275 miles, although the roads here are fun and it gets a bit of abuse from the right boot! ;)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Lucky you lot! I'm on full stainless, pipercross, cams but no remap and I'll get 275 miles, although the roads here are fun and it gets a bit of abuse from the right boot! ;)
Haha

I roughly get about 280 - 300 keeping to the limit and the odd foot down to over take or if the road is empty

I use V-power unleaded and i only have a mountune CAIS fitted.

WESTY

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When that Amber light comes on you still have 50 miles of fuel left at least... So you probably get 300 miles from a tank you are just filling up too soon. How many litres can you get in the tank when you fill up??

On a long run I get about 37mpg and since the ST has a 10gallon tank (roughly) that is 370miles from a tank of fuel. That's with mountune 185.
When i do fill up i still have bout 5 litres left and thats not on the amber light, jsut does seem weird that i do get so low which leads me to think somethings wrong, but with no warning EML on who knows.

You going to be on the track with mountune at Ford Fair?

But thanks to everybody else for commenting.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts

When i do fill up i still have bout 5 litres left and thats not on the amber light, jsut does seem weird that i do get so low which leads me to think somethings wrong, but with no warning EML on who knows.

You going to be on the track with mountune at Ford Fair?

But thanks to everybody else for commenting.
[/quote]

5 litres is roughly 35miles of fuel if you drive nicely (5litres = 1.1gallons, using 35mpg as a guide)... or about 1/4 of a mile if you are at santapod

Im still not 100% sure if im going Ford fair, i have a choice Ford Fair @ Silverstone or BTCC @ Snetterton. Dunno what to choose

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I used to get hardly any supercharged... 200/220 if that haha!

RS is 300+ though. Very impressed!

FezSTturbo - I do miss my constant power from the charger though!

Gotta wait for the turbo now but when it does come POW!

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
So turbo cars use loads more fuel than supercharged cars....
selling point for superchargers there I guess :-/
probably because a supercharge conversion costs almost half as much as a turbo conversion too?

plus this thread is about the *max* you get from a tank. I bet you can get that much if you never went on boost and kept it under 3000rpm, in theory a Turbo car should be more efficient than a supercharged car???

Hell i got 160miles out of a tank around Snetterton, thats a big change from the 400miles i got from cruising to wales

1 - 20 of 31 Posts