Fiesta ST Forums banner

What laptop is needed to run Ford F-com Diagnostic software

831 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Richard S D 
#1 ·
What laptop do people use to run the Ford F -Com diagnostics software I was told to use windows 7,8 or 10 and i5 or i7 with at least 8gb and the i7 laptops are expensive so I don't really know what to buy

#2 ·
I can’t see why you need an i7 or 8gb of Ram for this software but ram is cheap most laptops by default should come with 8gb. However I would recommend not buying the cheapest laptop.

Something with 128/250 GB SSD, i5 processor, intergrated graphics with 8gb should be fine.

you don’t have to get an SSD but it improves boot times.

if you want, I can suggest some laptops? What else is the purchase of the laptop?

#3 ·
It's only what the company

Hello I bought the Advanced Ford Dignostic package and the requirements to run it are a PC windows
Vista with 7,8 or 10 with a usb port I have been researching the requirements to run it with a laptop and people have said you need an 8gb or higher and either i5 or i7 platform for it to work better and be able to download the program faster all l want to do is fit folding mirrors and I been told you got to talk to the Body control module to
allow the mirrors to fold when locking and unlocking with the key fob and switch inside but then people say the program already installed so I think it's a case of plug them in and see if they work

#12 ·
The software has been developed and been released firstly in early 2004 made for Windows 2000/XP systems. Basically any laptop made after 2008 should be able to handle this program without any trouble. Most laptops of that time did not even reach the 2GB Ram mark.

For OP who said he was recommended to use a laptop with 8GB of ram and an i7 processor don't bother buying a laptop of that caliber just for this. The person who recommended this to you might have a great knowledge about cars but not about computers/software requirements.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.