Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got home from a drive out yesterday and it appears that one of my centre caps has come off.

I was wondering if anyone on here has a spare centre cap which they would be happy to sell? i am not so bothered about the colour but white would be nice, save me having to spray it
. Otherwise its £15 from FordPartsUK and then some White paint

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I had this same issue, if you want you can use a bit of blue tack and then put it on the back of the wheel cap and it should stay on

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
May have a few 2nd hand ones laying around. They may have the usual scuff marks on but if they are being sanded and painted then happy days!

PM me if interested

ICEMAN ST 07

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If you put too much or put it in the wrong place, Westy's right, it can be a pain to get off when you have to remove the caps and can look unsightly but saying that, I put mine on with silicon but use 2 tiny spots on the opposite sides of the pivit hole and seems to work perfectly and is relatively easy to scratch/rub off with minimal effort.

If your not keen however a few people have used sticky velcro circles to keep them on similar to these..... worth a go?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VELCRO-TAPE-SPOTS-COINS-DISCS-DOTS-CIRCLES-WHITE-22MM-/360195374665?pt=UK_Crafts_Sewing_Supplies_MJ&hash=item53dd513e49

ICEMAN ST 07

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I was goin to put it all round

I have some of those Velcro circles and also strips but the adhesive is pretty damn strong, I will try the couple of spots of silicone method. Think I will be capless until payday when I can order another centre cap.

Doesn't look so bad. The dirty wheels distract your attention from the missing cap. White wheels, I wish I had listened. They look nice clean but they are a bugger to keep clean.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
No problem buddy.

Many people tend to use far too much and when they do come to prise the cap off its stuck so well they end up bending, distorting and severly damagng the cap itself and will never sit back in right which kind of defeats the problem you where trying to solve in the first place.

ICEMAN ST 07

1 - 8 of 8 Posts