Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of some Japan Racing JR 11 wheels for my new Mk 8.5. (same size 18 x 7.5J)
The standard ET is 42.5....would going to say ET 42 or 41 give the wheel a slightly wider stance ?

Plus any experience / comments on these JR11's ?

· Premium Member
2,676 Posts
I am thinking of some Japan Racing JR 11 wheels for my new Mk 8.5. (same size 18 x 7.5J)
The standard ET is 42.5....would going to say ET 42 or 41 give the wheel a slightly wider stance ?

With ET (or offset) the smaller the number the more the wheel will stick out in millimetres.

So if stock wheel is ET42.5 and you buy wheels with ET42 the new wheels will stick out 0.5mm.

When buying new wheels is a good opportunely to get the offset just right to full the arches, I'm not familiar with the offset on the MK8's but know on the MK7ST's an offset of et38 is very common, I went down to ET30 and they fit and look spot on..

· Registered
934 Posts

I can’t offer any technical advice, but the JR11’s look nice, I had my eye on them for a while in bronze. Have you checked the weight of them, and the weight of your mk8.5 rims yet to see if your saving any weight?

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the information about ET sizes....very useful.

Can't find weight of the OEM wheels or the JR11's but don't think they are any lighter.
However on my last Mk 8 I had REVO's 18 x x8J (plus the bigger tyre to suit) which are a lighter wheel yet didn't find any real difference in ride / handling. In fact if anything my present Mk 8.5 OEM's feel much better than they did in all aspects hence I think I'll stick to 18 x 7.5J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.