Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all. New to the forum. I have a performance blue ST and I’m tempted with the below wheels. Has anyone fitted these and can share a picture so I can see what they look like on? What would my current set fetch if I sold them too. They are curb free

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Hubcap

·
Registered
275 Posts
If they’re the Ford performance wheels, loads have them fitted. Standards you’re probably looking at £400 if you’re lucky, there’s a set on a facebook group up for 435 and they’ve not sold

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Everyone is different but personally I think the Mk8 wheels look bloody lovely. They're distinctive enough to be the sort of wheels that in years to come could grow to be iconic... y'know like the pepper pot XR ones from back in the day.

Track cars fair enough but whenever wheel change threads come up for road cars I often think what is being swapped off is distinctiveness and swapped on are run of the mill rims you could see on any old car.

Hope you get what you want though @Scaifey22, just my personal POV 🤷🏻

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Everyone is different but personally I think the Mk8 wheels look bloody lovely. They're distinctive enough to be the sort of wheels that in years to come could grow to be iconic... y'know like the pepper pot XR ones from back in the day.

Track cars fair enough but whenever wheel change threads come up for road cars I often think what is being swapped off is distinctiveness and swapped on are run of the mill rims you could see on any old car.

yeah 💯hence I’d like to see some pictures of my colour car with them fitted.

·
Registered
154 Posts

I like the style, but I hate diamond cut finishes and I'm not a fan of the grey powdercoat either. Tempted to get the stock wheels painted in gloss black, personally

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just a heads up, if you sell with tyres on youll also lose your tyre pressure sensors which may cost a couple of hundred quid to replace all 4 depending where you buy them.
Where you buying yours from and are they gold plated versions!
Cost me about £12 for x2 from my local Trustford when l had the valve caps seize on if memory serves me correct.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Where you buying yours from and are they gold plated versions!
Cost me about £12 for x2 from my local Trustford when l had the valve caps seize on if memory serves me correct.
Hi, Are you thinking about the actual rubber valves? The electronic TPMS sensors sit inside the wheel and are attached to the rubber sensor valve, the sensors will typically cost between 30-60 quid each at the Ford dealer for OEM but you should be able to source after market slightly cheaper of course. If i had a part number id look them up but i dont so here is an example of a sensor at Rates ford on ebay albeit not the corect one for a fiesta Genuine Ford Focus Transit Connect TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitor Sensor Kit 1936088 | eBay

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi, Are you thinking about the actual rubber valves? The electronic TPMS sensors sit inside the wheel and are attached to the rubber sensor valve, the sensors will typically cost between 30-60 quid each at the Ford dealer for OEM but you should be able to source after market slightly cheaper of course. If i had a part number id look them up but i dont so here is an example of a sensor at Rates ford on ebay albeit not the corect one for a fiesta Genuine Ford Focus Transit Connect TPMS Tyre Pressure Monitor Sensor Kit 1936088 | eBay
Oh yes.
My mistake as all l replaced was the rubber stem not the sensor itself.
Apologies.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Oh yes.
My mistake as all l replaced was the rubber stem not the sensor itself.
Apologies.
No Probs, just thought id bring it up as its a major expenditure and often makes more sense to swap the old tyres and valves over to the new wheels if the tyres are good and selling the old wheels bare when balancing up the economics.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts