Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Lads/Lasses

I own a Fiesta
in Panther Black:) I have had my car for a few months now and have only done little mod's to be honest Such as:
-Fitting a new headunit.
-Wiring in a sub.
-Sticker Bombing;).

So this is how she is at the moment comments and ideas welcome

Excuse the picture quality:/

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Automotive tail & brake light

So thats my car I was then introduced to skicker Bombimg,

Peripheral Computer keyboard Input device Creative arts Art
Wheel Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood
Dishware Serveware Dvd CD Data storage device
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Vehicle

My mate gave me his old Facia so i jazzed it up a little bit

Textile Wood Flooring Cup Serveware
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part

Next on the list is getting it lowered, then possibly wheels powder coated but not sure what colour to
go at the minute, Anthracite? Black?

Josh

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Looking good buddy, careful with those centre caps though...you may want to apply some silicone around them to keep them on the alloy as they do fall off or 'go missing'.

Panther Black looks epic on these alloys but so does Anthracite.

good job

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Josh, I'll tell you where to start buddy.....by going back to standard and getting rid of the hippy look, get a VW camper if you wanna do "homosexual, "homosexual, gay, carefree, bright and happy", carefree, bright and happy" stuff like that

When you want to start with the REAL mods that make it look good and go well, then I suggest changing the rear wiper for a smooth one, get it lowered and get an air filter whacked on, they're about the best mods you can do

I normally say to other fellow Panther Black owners, nice colour choice and Black For The Win....but I'll let you take the stickers off first and then give you my approval

Keep us posted with how you're getting on

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers bud

one flew off as i was going down the motorway not so long ago:( il give that ago, any type of silicone do the job??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha Cheers Steve! tbh with you im not 100% keen.
I've heard a few people say about getting an astra wiper arm for the rear, wheres the best place to get one??

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Cheers bud

one flew off as i was going down the motorway not so long ago:( il give that ago, any type of silicone do the job??
There's a little half round lug on the centre cap that lines up with a half round recess in the wheel, you need to line these up and the cap will sit flush. Many people line up the other marks such as the slot for screwdriver and other marking, this is wrong and they'll fly off. Go by the half round thing and problem solved. Unless the centres are too damaged from being rammed in wrongly

Oh, I got my rear wiper off ebay as there was no way in hell I was walking into a Vauxhall dealership
Just search for Fiesta ST smooth rear wiper or just Mk6 rear wiper and they come up, seems like this rear wiper is fitted to all sorts of cars, not just Astras

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't listen to these grumpy old gits, I like the sticker bombing!

I actually think it needs some more to finish the look, like continuing up along the line of the right side of the dashboard above the centre section you've already done.

Far too many people go for the aesthetic mods that have been done to death and end up with identical STs! That's why I got my plastics and headlight interiors sprayed blue instead of black.

Hmm, I wonder what a sticker bombed design on side stripes would look like...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to say but i have to agree with steve here. As i also have a panther black ST. Its a really tacky look for a nice smart car mate, i wud rip them off straight away, harsh i no but its wat looks best. Obvs u have ur own choice and its up to u wat u do.

I decided on the stealth look. Black tints, black grill plastics, red calipers and soon the wheels will be black. Its an awesome look mate.

But then again, if i saw an ST with stickerbombed like that i wud no it wud b u so in a positive it makes ur car unique. Just mayb cud do it in a different way!!

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
I hardly think anyone's ST is the same as another. At FITP we walked along the rows of ST's and none were the same, everyone had something unique and some very subtle things can go a long way

·
Registered
628 Posts
i also have to agree with steve and smithy but not completely. yeah the mirror caps and centre caps in my opinion are different and your own style but the dash is another thing mate, its just abit too much for me but saying that its your car

and just de wiper the back window mate and get yaself some rain - X

other than that its a great project waiting to happen

panther black FTW!

·
Registered
432 Posts
1.20 halfords for a gromet is fr the win lol cheaper than any wiper and it looks stuble like the wing mirrors diffrent but nice just ma pennys worth

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Hmmm that "Sticker Bombing" Is some work art to get right but personally Im not a fan of It.

Minus that your ST look's nice and your plan's sound good

·
Registered
860 Posts
looks great pal! can i ask what laquer you used on the centre caps? i need to laquer my stickerbombed dash!

i'd get a k+n next (somone might be selling one cheap
), then some springs!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not to keen tbh, personally i dont think Fords can get away with this stickerbombing look! Its more for VWs... Athough, to be fair to you it hasn't been done before...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like it. It's different, it would be a very boring place if we all sticked to the same set of rules. The reason I like it is because I love old Vw campers and it looks awesome on them, with the right exterior mods you could pull it off on your fiesta. I love my fiesta as well before any one mentions this is a fiesta site and that too many people talk about other cars on here other than fiesta st's!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like it. It's different, it would be a very boring place if we all sticked to the same set of rules. The reason I like it is because I love old Vw campers and it looks awesome on them, with the right exterior mods you could pull it off on your fiesta. I love my fiesta as well before any one mentions this is a fiesta site and that too many people talk about other cars on here other than fiesta st's!
Cheers matey!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, i have got rid of all the stickerbombing apart form my rear view mirror. But i still thought it was a bit plain for me!

Once i had sprayed my facia, i decided to change my indercator bulbs to some silver techs:)

I think it looks so much better

Whilst im awaiting my HID's i also changed the standard head lamp bulbs for some of halfords superbrilliance,

Comments welcome

1 - 20 of 20 Posts