Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK8 ST Edition
435 Posts
Nope, I feel your pain. People, who I can only assume are not 'car people', seem to gravitate towards those trying to protect their cars. My Mrs was ****** right off when she went and parked her RS right out the way in the car park yesterday, only for someone to park right beside her in an otherwise empty car park.

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
My old neighbor admitted he used to do this in his $**t box Astra just to annoy people with nice cars especially if they looked like they'd purposefully parked out the way.

And yes he's the sort of person who would argue Blue is Red just to be in an argument.

·
Registered
27 Posts
View attachment 583757
Why? In a massive empty Sainsbury’s car park right out of the way of the main entrance, why do people insist on parking right next to you? Makes my p!$s boil…am I alone in this?
Nope. Must be something to do with Sainsbury’s car parks. Had exactly the same myself today. Found an end space with absolutely no-one around me and came back to a woman in a Hyundai right next to me 🤬

·
Registered
5 Posts
My old neighbor admitted he used to do this in his $**t box Astra just to annoy people with nice cars especially if they looked like they'd purposefully parked out the way.

And yes he's the sort of person who would argue Blue is Red just to be in an argument.
Think this hits the nail on the head - there will always be someone with a sole purpose in life to wind up others.

Happened to me recently but can't pinpoint where, I've found a mark on passenger side front door handle where some **** has opened their door into mine. Livid. Luckily will polish out but so so annoying.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
Mr brother recently purchased a new Mini Cooper ( someone’s got to ). Parked it right out the way in Asda car park but as he was preparing to leave the car an open back Ford transit aired in and reversed in beside him .

my brother sighed and started the car to move it again but before he could move one of the kids in the front of the transit opened the door to get out. It was a windy day and the door flew open and made a huge dent in his door .

The kids dad didn’t even register this or chose not to so my brother got out the car and basically raged at him. The guy took a look and grinned saying ‘ it be right boy, it’s only a motor init’ The chap was of a travelling variety and didn’t give a monkies. Upshot was he wouldn’t give his details and van was found to have no insurance , feds not interested so he ended up paying for the repair himself.

A few months later he sold the car at a loss and it never felt the same to him again and the repair had to go back three times and could still be seen at close quarters.

Beware, mouth breathing knuckle draggers are everywhere and almost seem to exist just to mess up your day and drag the rest of us down to their level.

Stay safe out there peeps.

·
Premium Member
2014 Mk7 ST-3
50 Posts
Had this happen on Monday when I was down at Tesco.
Parked the other end of the car park, loads of empty spaces all around me. Come back out and someone in a German SUV thing has parked near sideways beside me.

Could have picked any of the empty spots in the 50 ish feet surrounding my car but picked the one right next to me. Why must people be such *********.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,088 Posts
This one of the reasons I prefer multistory carparks. Nobody comes to the upper/lower floors so I can park between pilars or just some other safe place and nobody but maybe workers park in there. No problems and I have never had a dent or scratch in my car since uhm... early 2000s.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I don't want to be one of those people so 'kin lazy and trusting they pay to have other people do their shopping for them. But I have to say that having to park near 'the public' does sometimes, only for a nanosecond, make me think home shopping deliveries might not be such a bad idea.

Thankfully 'the public' are such a bunch of lazy wotsits they're still in bed when we do our weekly shopping 👍

The only downside is the shop is at that time full of minimum wage 'pickers' driving stacks of plastic boxes round doing their shopping for them.

But that's fine, I've come to relish that challenge. You see unlike roads there's no highway code or insurance requirements in a shopping aisle, and its not your car that gets damaged.

So if they wanna play bumper cars or block up the aisle I'll gladly assert my position with a tactical contact or three... "go ahead punk, make my day, this shopping trolley belongs to your company" 😉

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,088 Posts
And sometimes they are. Spotted this epic thing on our parking lot this morning... Friend checked the plates that are of course custom plates that are really rare to have in Finland at all and it was a 1.5tdci 95hp Fiesta Sport/ST-Line or whatever it was back in the day. Il almost went to my car to go and get one of my extra ST badges and put it on the cars windshield wiper as a gift :D.
Tire Land vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I always take my daughter shopping with me as not only does she love a spin in the Fez, but it means use of the parent and child spaces 😁

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And sometimes they are. Spotted this epic thing on our parking lot this morning... Friend checked the plates that are of course custom plates that are really rare to have in Finland at all and it was a 1.5tdci 95hp Fiesta Sport/ST-Line or whatever it was back in the day. Il almost went to my car to go and get one of my extra ST badges and put it on the cars windshield wiper as a gift :D.
View attachment 583764
That’s a whole other topic… I love faux ST spotting, the main culprits are the Focus’ I found though.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Definitely a Sainsbury's thing. I nipped into one on Monday to grab some lunch. The car park was half full so I parked in a nice end spot near the entrance of the car park. Due to the layout, this spot looked quite safe; it wasn't near the entrance of the supermarket and actually sort of tricky to get in and out of which usually dissuades the casual shopper.

When I came out a few mins later I was pleased to see my car still alone. However, no sooner had started trying to manoeuvre out of my space, this old guy decides he's going to reverse his Mazda 2 in along side me. Not only did I have to hold fire, so did the car that'd followed him into the car park.

It's like people HAVE to park in the first space they see, regardless of whether or not it's easy to get into or their car actually fits.

I normally shop at the local Tesco. The layout of the car park is lousy and the spaces near the main entrance are very tight but that doesn't stop the local hairdressers wedging their Range Rover Sports in the first available space with the (car's) arse hanging out.

We also get it at work. Admittedly our car park isn't clearly marked, but generally, the staff park their cars around the outer perimeter and our vans are parked away from the entrance but still in view of the cameras leaving space for 2-4 cars customer cars directly outside the front door.

Yet, no, customers see the row of staff cars and gravitate. It's worse on a Saturday when there's fewer staff in and you can protect your car but parking amongst them.

One of my colleagues started parking over by the bins and still people will flock to squeeze in next to his car.

I think it actually boils down to people that can't park and need another car to judge their position. Or like the old dear that came in a week ago, had to indicate ever time she manoeuvred in and out of the space that took her 7 attempts to get into before abandoning and trying another.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Hmmm. How's about a safe parking kit... four large traffic cones and about 25 metres of crime scene barrier tape would screen off three spaces I reckon, one either side.

Sorted 👍

·
Super Moderator
23,638 Posts
I agree @BLiTZ they can't use their mirrors to see the lines and judge if they're straight/in the space... So use the car next to them as reference.

You can tell who they are once in the shop too, as they will have 0 spatial awareness of others and leave their trolley sprawled at an angle down every aisle.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts