Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK

So i was driving home yesterday and i was shattered from 8 days work and thought my eyes were playing games on me at a roundabout then i followed it nearly all the way home.

It was a 11 plate but i dont have a clue what car it is!!

The whole car is wrapped in the same pattern and have covered the lights but have cut out each bulb eve the high level brake light is covered with a couple of cut outs in it!! Headlights were the same and the windows all tinted with the wrap encroaching slightly on each window!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
The whole idea of the wrap is to stop you figuring out what the car is.

The swirls blur the edges of the car so there's no giveaway features as to what it is. So most probably a new model being taken out for a test.

Pretty sure some boats (ww1/ww2 maybe) were painted with similar patterns as it made it much more difficult to spot them due to no really obvious jagged edges.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Looks like a potential CRZ model (perhaps the rumoured Type R), or maybe a new Prius, it has a very similar boot line.

Seeing a car like that is quite rare!

·
Registered
382 Posts
I remember following a Prius the other day and thinking it was strange that the rear wiper stayed in an upright position. I'm guessing this is an up coming Prius model based on the fact that the rear wiper is also in that strange position.

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
Hang around Dunton in Essex enough and you'll spot something. So far I managed the current Ka before it came out and a Mondeo estate but that would be 2 models ago! lol

Sometimes I see interesting test mules round here too...

·
Registered
554 Posts
There's a new Honda Civic out next year, it could be that.

I've seen some other spyshots of it (except this one was covered in plastic instead of paint) and the shape is quite similar.

Who knows eh? But its interesting to see them out being tested. I'd love to see an M BMW being tested, I wonder if they give it some when no one is looking.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
That's either a horrible (illegal) Car Wrap or as said,It's a test car.

They shouldn't be tested on the public road though so I cant understand how you followed It.

There either transported on the back of a Truck Etc or tested on a Private Road/Race Track....

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
I have seen many many test cars wrapped up like this on the roads.. what makes you think they shouldnt be tested on the roads????

1 - 20 of 27 Posts